Great hotel -- outstanding staff
Arrived at hotel, cheerfully greeted by front desk staff, and was promptly assigned a room. Great location: church around the corner; within walking distance to Waikiki beach; walking distance to restaurants; walking distance to great shopping. Outstanding coffee shop right outside the door (not a coffee drinker, but they also served great pastries, smoothies, and milkshakes at reasonable (cheap )prices. Next door to the coffee shop is a "general store" where you can purchase EVERYTHING you might have forgotten. And, if you want a quick lunch to take to the beach, they have loads of options: sandwiches/salads/etc.
Back to the OUTSTANDING customer service. We were given a room with a kitchenette (versus a room with a microwave/small fridge). I am diabetic, and it was past due my normal snack/meal time when we arrived (13hr trip from east coast). Had packed food to eat on the plane/cook as soon as arrival in HI, but was drained Mentioned this to the front desk staff (Shantell (sp), who told me about ordering from our room- even gave meal/restaurant suggestions (a restaurant/menu book is located in the room - I ordered meals, and flopped on the bed). She brought up the food almost as soon as I got in bed. She was with the restaurant driver, and she set up the food for me. She always checked to see how I was feeling, and wanted to know if I needed anything -- And, she was sincerely concerned about my and my husband's heath and welfare/enjoyment of the island. (as were others at the hotel front desk).
On last day, hubs dropped his wallet while on the elevator -- she brought it to us (someone found it and turned into the front-desk staff).
Room was cleaned daily; beds were comfortable; pillows left a bit to be desired (too firm for my taste): great water pressure in shower; nice fluffy bath towels; safe in room; lots of hangers. All in all a great hotel/great location/and outstanding service by front-desk staff. Loving the complimentary water bags while traveling at home. Did not use the pool/gym.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A year-round holiday paradise that blends contemporary comfort with tranquil ambiance, our Waikiki discount hotel is the perfect spot for family vacations, romantic getaways, or last-minute escapes. Delight in our private yet convenient location - just steps from Waikiki’s most popular shopping, restaurants and nightlife. Lounge by our sparkling pool or stroll over to gorgeous Waikiki Beach. Enjoy spacious, newly renovated accommodations appointed with all of the amenities of home. Come discover the warm hospitality that makes the Ambassador Waikiki the premier choice of Waikiki hotels among budget savvy travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ambassador Hotel Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Hotel Honolulu
- Ambassador Hotel Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu