We stayed here the first week of June. The reception staff gave us a warm welcome. Our room was exactly as in the picture. Although not top end luxury it ticked all the boxes. Very spacious. It had a balcony with no furniture but with a table and 2 chairs in the room we just put these on the balcony when we needed them and enjoyed beer and wine bought from the ABC shop beside the hotel at very decent prices. The white zinfandel is cheap and lovely. The room has a fridge to keep your drinks cool and there is an ice machine on one of the floors. We had a kettle too but no mugs. The bathroom has a walk in shower. A bit dated but plenty of hot water and shampoo is provided but no body wash. The wardrobe is in the bathroom with plenty of storage space and a free safe and iron and ironing board. There's a decent hairdryer too. What more could we want. The air conditioning is noisy but at times we left it off. Oh and wifi extends to your room and it's free too. We had a brilliant signal. The TV had some decent channels. In reception there is a person at a desk that will book your trips. I booked ahead with Shaka tours, they were cheaper than other companies and used Roberts of Hawaii who were excellent. We did Pearl Harbor and Honolulu highlights, circle island tour and The Chief's Luau. The food wasn't up to much at the Luau but The Chief is such a genuine warm person he makes the show. The Hotel has a pool with loungers and umbrella's and was fine for a couple of afternoons rest. This hotel is ideal for anywhere you want to go to. Very near the beach, through Fort Derussey Park. 5 minutes to eating places. Try IHOP for breakfast. $8.95 for a breakfast and a stack of pancakes. Coffee is extra but cheap and they give you a flask on the table full of it. It's good for other meals too. Prices are not expensive compared to England. The same or less. We took too much spending money. Hard Rock Cafe has a happy hour after 10.00 at night. Cocktails $5 and A pint of beer $4 and a live band. Try Arnold's beach bar beside Eggs and Things. Cheap drinks all day. Mai Tai's are lovely and strong. It's down a side alley and looks a bit grim but locals seem to drink there. Honolulu zoo is within walking distance and really nice. Beware the bugs though it's the only place I got bitten. The Ambassador is a lovely place to stay when you'd rather stay down budget and keep the money you save on not having all the frills to spend on other things, Give it a try. I'm pleased we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A year-round holiday paradise that blends contemporary comfort with tranquil ambiance, our Waikiki discount hotel is the perfect spot for family vacations, romantic getaways, or last-minute escapes. Delight in our private yet convenient location - just steps from Waikiki’s most popular shopping, restaurants and nightlife. Lounge by our sparkling pool or stroll over to gorgeous Waikiki Beach. Enjoy spacious, newly renovated accommodations appointed with all of the amenities of home. Come discover the warm hospitality that makes the Ambassador Waikiki the premier choice of Waikiki hotels among budget savvy travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ambassador Hotel Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Hotel Honolulu
- Ambassador Hotel Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu