“I will return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waikiki Parc Hotel

You added Waikiki Parc Hotel to your Saves list
Waikiki Parc Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2233 Helumoa Road, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-1962 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Puerto Vallarta
“I will return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

The staff is top notch here which makes all the difference. Anything question I had was addressed with a helpful smile and accurate information. I had a mountain view room which in this part of Waikiki looked past some of the office buildings to the mountains which I would expect. It was still beautiful. I had the package with the complimentary breakfast which i found to be very good. Cocktails and appetizers at Nobu are an experience and the perfect start to a Waikiki evening.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Me and my husband stayed here on holiday for about a week. We found it to be an excellent, relaxing and professional hotel. We had buffet breakfast each morning and it was lovely and fresh. The hotel is in a great location, close to everything that you might need.

Room Tip: It would be worth checking cost of upgrading to a room with ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed at Waikiki Parc for three nights before heading to Kauai and Maui in November 2009. We booked the hotel through Priceline.com, which was the best value along Waikiki beach.

The hotel was very clean with modern decor. Upon arrival, staff were courteous and advised that our parking was included in our room price. We did not spend much time in our room, but it's location served us well. There is lots of activity within walking distance including shops, restaurants and the beach. The restaurant offers a nice breakfast, but it is costly. Alternatively, there is a Denny's within a 2 minute walk. The Marriott's courtyard is open to the main Waikiki strip and had live musical performances at sunset. For Cheesecake Factory fans, there is a location within a short walk also...

Pearl Harbour is a short drive away. We also spent one day driving around the island including the North Shore.

This is a good value hotel. Those looking for resort-type accommodations will be disappointed. For those looking for more typical resort accommodations in this area, we recommend the Marriott or Halekulani.

If we return, we would consider staying at Waikiki Parc again if we had a similar budget.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at the PARC before heading to the North Shore for the rest of our honeymoon. We booked them via Hotwire and got a great deal, so I wasn't expecting much from the hotel but I was pleasantly suprised!
True, the hotel isn't a luxury hotel, but it more than met our needs. The room was clean, and had a great bed.
We loved the location, it was perfect for shopping and eating out. We spent some time on the beach in front of Ft. DeRussy and it is so nice. Much less crowded than Waikiki Beach, and they are pretty much connected to eachother!!
If you are looking for fun in Waikiki, a nice room, and a great location, the Parc is for you!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at Waikiki Parc in February 2011 with my sister and two friends and booked two rooms; one for 5 nights and a second room for 4 nights as one of our friends was arriving in Waikiki a day after all of us. Since there are 2 x double beds in each room, the three of us stayed in one room for ONE night; the first night, before checking into our second room the next day.

I was told I had to pay a $65 ($77 incl. tax) fee for bunking in with 2 other people for that one night. I understand that there are extra person charges at most hotels around the world, but I find it absurd to be forced to pay a fee in a room that can easily accommodate four people?! In the end, I agreed to pay the ridiculous fee and told them I would pay it at check-out. However during my stay, I was constantly being reminded (through phone calls and from staff at the reception) to pay the fee - which didn’t make me, or my friends, feel very welcome. It discouraged me from asking staff at reception for anything – which is not a good thing. On the odd occasion that I did ask for anything at the front desk; for example to make a quick call to my room/sister’s room, I always felt like I was causing them great inconvenience! Perhaps they should only employ staff who find pleasure in being helpful?

Of the four nights I stayed there, our room was only cleaned once. Granted that we were still in the room whenever they would come, they never offered to come back later in the day - Like I've had at other hotels in Waikiki. As a result, I had to ask for new towels every day.

Sitting outside the Helumoa Road entrance at 2am, my friend was approached by a Security Guard (assuming from Waikiki Parc) and was told to “go up to her room”. Who knew that hotel patrons were allowed to be treated like children and told to go up to their room in the middle of the night?

The following night/morning at 5am I went to that same entrance and sat down for a few minutes to send an email from my phone after taking my sister to her airport shuttle. I was then approached by a Security Guard (again, assuming from Waikiki Parc) who asked me “What my business was?” and “If I was a guest at the hotel” - I didn’t know that a paying hotel patron had to justify/explain why they were sitting down outside their hotel?! To my surprise, this Security Guard walked off and headed towards the Halekulani. He wasn’t even a Security Guard of Waikiki Parc!! What business is it to him what I’m doing at my hotel?

Even though this was security from the Halekulani, this is how a patron of the Waikiki Parc will be made to feel if they are out of their room early in the morning/after a night out. So if you stay here, make sure you’re not out of your bed after 2am (!!!)

The hotel itself was decent. The rooms, although a little small, were furnished nicely with modern touches. The balcony in our room might as well not have existed. They should be advertised as Juliet balconies in certain rooms as only two people could stand there – literally. The lifts came frequently, which was convenient. The pool area was nice, but I'm unsure as to why it only open until 8pm?! Todd at the tour desk was extremely helpful in arranging tours and providing directions – safe to say he was the saving grace of our entire experience. For the price you pay to stay at this hotel, for there to only be wi-fi in the lobby/business centre is a bit strange, not to mention out-dated. The location is good for Kalakaua Ave shopping/dining, the Royal Hawaiian Centre and Gray’s beach, however it is a little secluded and hidden – which wouldn’t be a bad thing if that is what you want. But, the seclusion doesn’t spare you from the standard traffic/garbage collection noise – Unfortunately, this is the norm in commercial Waikiki, so it's inescapable unless you're staying on a very high floor in any hotel.

I’m a frequent traveller to Waikiki, but I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend it to any friends ... Especially when there are so many more decently priced hotels in the vicinity who offer their patrons more than just “great location”, who have staff that actually make you feel like a welcomed guest at their hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed for four great nights. Rooms and hotel is modern art/minimalistic but very clean and nice. Decent size, with room for rollaway. Balcony is just standing room. Staff all helpful and friendly. The pool is 3 feet deep, but nice and kids had lots of fun. Good area to lounge around.Short walk to the beach and in the flash end of waikiki.

Free wireless in lobby, and free parking included was great. Dennys on the corner and Roys and lots of other restaurants nearby. Could actually walk to the Alamoana Centre if fit enough.

Early morning deliveries the neigbouring hotels are about the only complaint, but need to get health and safety laws changed (really do they need the beeping at 5am?).

Recommend as great place to stay in Waikiki., Thanks

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stayed at Parc in May for a week for a much earned R&R. Needed somewhere central but close to beach and definitely close to shops and restaurants etc. Location was good which was lucky because certainly needed the restaurants as room service is practically non existent - extremely limited menu (this was something i was looking forward to as i was having a mini break on my own and wanted to be able to chill out in my room!) Small rooms but good views (given it's Waikiki you're going to be looking at other hotels but at least my room on 11th (or was it 18th...) floor -prime ocean views-actually had views). Tiny balcony. Smaller bathroom than my one bed unit at home! Friendly staff. Consistent problems with my room key de-magnetizing despite me keeping it at arms length from anything electronic at all times (incredibly annoying having to represent key at least 10 times during the week stay). Tiny pool area but good furniture around the pool and sort of ok views. Boring breakfast buffet. Dreadful wifi - non existent in rooms and you have to go to lobby which in 2011 in the US is unforgivable . All in all though I enjoyed my stay but probably can't credit the Parc for that. Wouldn't feel right recommending it to friends and won't stay again - but can't wait to go back to Waikiki!

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Waikiki Parc Hotel? Share your experiences!