The 'pink palace' is in itself a worthy experience; so don't even think of going for the new tower rooms. They are nice, in fact a carbon copy of the Westin Maui's new tower rooms, which are also very nice. But if you have a soul, you'll want to nourish it with the 100 year character of the original building. We got an platinum upgrade (from points stay) to a Garden Suite which are in the original building and was huge, central and quiet. Service is excellent, if not a little slow at times. The pool is no frills, but heated just enough that spending all day floating about keeps you at an ideal temperature (in contrast to the Sheraton next door which is a tad cold). Beach is ..well Waikiki beach people. If you don't mind paying the resort fee, plus $40 for a beach chair each day and high bar prices ($7 coffee, $15 cocktail) this place is ideal (I do mind, but the beach experience is no less without a fancy umbrella and chair). Only gripe is the pool chairs get 'reserved' by 08:00 by inconsiderate folks who rarely appear until noon. Management say they are working on a solution but .. according to the reviews the problem has been known and overlooked for too long.
All in all as a platinum if you have kids and want good value goto the Sheraton (lounge access is a lifesaver). If you want the best service and atmosphere come here, but don't moan about being charged for beach chairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Waikiki Beach Hotel, has Abhasa Spa, renowned restaurants, and a pool with a waterslide and cabanas. We have gorgeous indoor and outdoor event space for weddings and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu