It is not often you get to stay at a hotel that has everything going for it but I must say the Royal Hawaiian is that hotel. We stayed with our two children in the main hotel. We had two garden view rooms that were very large. Only gripe in our room was the bathroom - it was smaller than the walk in closet.
It is a 5 star experience at this property, service has been excellent. The hotel itself is on one of the nice stretches of Waikiki beach. We made the mistake of staying at the Halekulani on our last visit and not having a real beach is a major negative.
I would highly recommend renting a car (valet parking is covered by the resort fee) so that you can get out and explore quieter parts of Oahu. I would also recommend using the facilities at the Sheraton. Royal Hawaiian guests have free run at the Sheraton and we have enjoyed the breakfast buffet, kids pool with water slide and Rum bar while visiting.
All-in-all a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Waikiki Beach Hotel, has Abhasa Spa, renowned restaurants, and a pool with a waterslide and cabanas. We have gorgeous indoor and outdoor event space for weddings and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu