We love the Royal Hawaiian! Went there on our honeymoon many happy years ago and have celebrated our anniversary there the last two years. We like the Ali'i Tower with its great ocean view lanais, but our grown kids had a regular hotel garden room and loved it as well. Nothing better than a tropical breakfast on your lanai looking at the surf and Diamond Head! The Royal is an oasis in Waikiki with your arrival at the Banyan-treed courtyard next to the towering Sheraton Waikiki (way too big!), and its peaceful tropical inner courtyard just steps from the heart of Kalakua Ave. The staff is superb and friendly. The rooms are not huge, but nicely apponted and functional, with refrigerator, and your living room is Waikiki Beach and the beautiful blue Pacific. What more can you ask for? Just like the RH scene on Mad Men. Best of all is the beach, which is the BEST beach area on Waikiki. Great swimming for all ages. Plenty of chairs at a reservation cost, but worth it, and none of the usual who gets the chairs at the crack of dawn nonsense. Or free beach right in front of them. We stayed at Halekulani several times, but we like the ambiance and BEACH of the Royal better. Great Mai Tai Bar, for drinks, lunch and with Hawaiian entertainment every night. Nice shops. We love Newt for vintage Hawaiian shirts. Nice small pool (who needs one on this beach?) and right next door to Duke's beach bar at the Outrigger (by sand). The Waikiki Beach Boys are there to assist with outrigger canoe rides (ono!), surf and boogie boards etc. So step back into Hawaiian time. Truly relaxing, comforting, and yet steps away from all of Waikiki's action. That's tropical paradise braddah! We will be back and back.....Aloha!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Waikiki Beach Hotel, has Abhasa Spa, renowned restaurants, and a pool with a waterslide and cabanas. We have gorgeous indoor and outdoor event space for weddings and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu