My family has returned to this hotel many times over the years, and the charm that impressed us at first has just improved. Let's be clear first about the price. It's expensive, so make yourself aware in advance of the cost of the resort amenities such as beach and pool cabanas and budget accordingly. But we would much rather have a great stay here than have a slightly longer but humdrum stay elsewhere. That said, the two charms of this hotel are: the generous and elegant public spaces that bring out the best of the beachfront location; and the amazing staff. Many of the staff are second and third generation employees of the RHH, and their pride in the history of the hotel shows through in their friendliness to guests. From the registration clerks to the crew at the beach, all are professional and charming. Their commitment to the hotel has lasted through several changes in ownership, and they provide the continuity that keeps us returning. The hotel restaurants are remarkably good and compete favourably with well known stand-alone restaurants. But the jewel for us is the famous Mai Tai Bar. Most of the staff have worked there for years, and it shows in the easy efficiency and good humour they bring to each shift. Try at least once during your trip to sit at the bar itself and get to know Kui, the head bartender. You'll be joining a circle of his loyal friends that extends around the world, made up of people for whom a trip to Hawaii wouldn't feel right without a stay at this hotel and an evening at this bar by the beach, surrounded by the lights of Waikiki and the sound of the surf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Waikiki Beach Hotel, has Abhasa Spa, renowned restaurants, and a pool with a waterslide and cabanas. We have gorgeous indoor and outdoor event space for weddings and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Priceline so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu