Always wanted to stay at 'The Pink Palace'. The grounds are as beautiful as everyone says and the location on Waikiki beach is perfect. Prices within the hotel incl. chair hire on the beach, food + general amenities are pricey - even for a well travelled holiday goer.
It was a really enjoyable experience however if you are going to stay here, I would advise staying in a Beach View room.
We stayed in the Garden Room and would have enjoyed the hotel and experience much more with a beach view.
Rooms are very feminine and grandeur in style, with great beds. There was a lovely gesture of Banana Bread in room and lei's on arrival.
Service overall good but wished front desk was a little more accommodating as we had requested a change of room for Beach view (which we never do) but felt we kept having to chase it up with concierge.
All in all a great experience and an experience you have to try once, but next time will consider Ala Moana.
Also, we didn't use the pool at all as it was constantly full and lots of kids, preferred to stay on the beach front (beige chairs not pink). Also must note: it can get noisy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Waikiki Beach Hotel, has Abhasa Spa, renowned restaurants, and a pool with a waterslide and cabanas. We have gorgeous indoor and outdoor event space for weddings and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, BookIt.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu