I visited my son who lives in Honolulu last week. I have been to Honolulu on two other occasions and this time I wanted a quiet hotel. The Royal Hawaiian was the perfect choice. It is a beautiful hotel hidden away from the busy street. The grounds are lovely with trees, flowers and a small park in the middle of the buildings. It was so easy to forget the madness of the area. There are many quiet areas to sit and relax and read. I loved the rocking chairs on the porch.Yet I was close enough to walk the beautiful paths to the shopping area.I stayed in the ocean tower. The room was basic but had all of the amenities I needed. The view from the balcony was lovely. On the first day I rented 2 chairs and an umbrella on the beach for $42.00. I enjoyed the beach but did not like the crowd. The beach in front of the hotel is one of the best on Waikiki but crowded. All of other days I lounged at the small pool. It was just what I was looking for. The chairs are free but the setting is peaceful and lovely. The pool is small but perfect for a quick dip. I was within feet of the ocean yet away from the crowds. The pool attendant was attentive with ice water and afternoon pineapple. Drinks were very good especially the mai tais and citrus lemonade. The lunches at the beach restaurant could be eaten at the pool and were very good.
The hotel is centrally located and very close to the many excellent restaurants.
My son took me to secluded beautiful beaches on the east and north shore. They are the real Hawaii and if you can I strongly recommend a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Waikiki Beach Hotel, has Abhasa Spa, renowned restaurants, and a pool with a waterslide and cabanas. We have gorgeous indoor and outdoor event space for weddings and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu