We have just returned from 6 nights at this lovely "old lady" and enjoyed every minute of our stay. Our last visit was in May last year and little has changed except for one thing which we found to be most disappointing.
The lounge chairs and umbrellas that are on the beach now have a daily charge which is most disappointing. Fair enough, if it were only $20 a day but when it is $40++ then that is red hot, especially as we usually only spend a morning on the beach.
Other than that, the hotel is still as good as ever with excellent staff and good food. The breakfast each morning in the Surf Lanai was great, cocktails and bar food at the Mai Tai were delicious as usual and our dinner in Azure was memorable.
Our room was comfortable and quiet and the bed and pillows were the best we have ever had. There was only one downside and that was that we experienced the Tsunami scare the night before we left for home which was quite stressful.
Other than that, our stay of 6 nights was fantastic and a great way to unwind after a very full on 5 weeks of travelling in both Eastern Canada and the U.S.
In our opinion, there is only one place to stay in Waikiki and that is the beautiful Royal Hawaiian with its magnificent gardens right on the beach. We hope to return in the not too distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Waikiki Beach Hotel, has Abhasa Spa, renowned restaurants, and a pool with a waterslide and cabanas. We have gorgeous indoor and outdoor event space for weddings and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu