“Amazing Service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
NJ
“Amazing Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at a The Kahala for four nights on our honeymoon and we were not disappointed. The hotel itself is beautiful and the service is beyond compare. Our every need was anticipated. From the front desk to the valet the customer service never wavered. We had the breakfast buffet every morning at the Plumeria Beach House and dinner a couple times and found the food to be fresh and very good. The beach/pool area is small but in a comfortable way and we found the service was great out there as well. The dolphins, sea turtles, sting rays, and other sea life on the property were definitely an added bonus. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've been reading a lot of reviews about The Kahala over the last 4 months. I was looking for logging away from Waikiki Beach. For years I've always wanted to stay at The Ihilani by Marriot. When I try to make online reservations I could not so I called and found out that they were purchased and will be renamed Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina ... Well that wasn't so bad I thought to myself it's a step up but then the bad news, they won't be open until early 2016. So my only other choice was the Kahala. I wasn't interested in North Shores Turtle Bay Resort I thought that would be kind of busy. I'm looking for laid back luxury. So my experience thus far as been EXCELLENT!!!!!. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE and the personal care taken to meet my needs before arrival. EVERYONE I SPOKE WITH WAS POLITE AND KNOWLEDGE. I asked about getting posted cards from the hotel prior to my trip so I can fill them out, add the postage and upon arrival drop them in the mail. I specifically asked for a certain floor. Dealing with allergies asked for a room that was not previously occupied by a pet owner. They explained their process of cleaning their rooms. I've red the reviews that weren't so good but I'm still keeping faith to have a 5 star experience at the Kahala. I'll see 1st hand if they live up to all the excellent review. My stay begins Memorial Day 2015.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I took our 4 kids, between ages 8-15, and had one of the most memorable, special, and fun vacations! The Kahala sets up so well for families, and we were impressed with everything from start to finish. The food was fantastic at all of the restaurants (which is generally not the case at resorts in our experience), the service is outstanding in all aspects, and the rooms are great. We had connecting rooms which were spacious and so nicely appointed. The beds were super comfortable, and the rooms spotless. The beach is beautiful and the ocean is safe for the kids to swim around. They paddle-boarded and enjoyed swimming out to the raft. The kids also had so much fun with the dolphin experience - truly incredible. The Kahala is in a great location, too. It is close enough to Waikiki and to the highway so that we could venture out to do other things around the island, but it was really nice to be off the beaten path. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My Friend and I took a room each here for 5 Nights and we were sure not disappointed

From the initial phone call to make the reservation to our greeting on arrival and the 5 star service throughout.

Great Rooms, fabulous breakfast, good restaurants, nice bar, amazing dolphins, turtles and fish in the outdoor pools and the wonderful beach.

We had an 11 day Hawaii Cruise ahead of us , but the hell did we want to leave, could have easily spent another 11 nights here

Highly recommended , I certainly hope to return

Room Tip: Depends on your budget , the scenic ones are great, sea view is super but you will see the sea anywa...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at the Kahala repeatedly over the past 25 years. It's still the top proprerty on Oahu - setting, beach and service exceeds even the Halekulani. The staff is the real key - consistency, friendliness and excellence are their hallmarks. They embody Aloha, and make the Kahala truly memorable.

My only complaint is with the rooms. The guest room renovations over the past few years were not successful. While the public areas look great, the rooms lost their Hawaii feel and overall impact. The new look is more Santa Monica than Hawaii, and the furnishings, walls and carpets don't wear well. I will never understand why the iconic parquet flors were covered-up with wall-to-wall carpeting. The carpets just get stained, smell musty and make the rooms feel less grand. Despite the generous room size, there is insufficient (and cheap) furniture and nowhere comfortable to sit - other than the bed. Finally, the bathrooms, which were very nicely redone in the mid-90's for the Mandarin Oriental, are showing age and do not match the decor of the rooms. With some surface renovations in the bathrooms, new furniture and exposing the old floors (which hopefully are still under the carpets), the rooms again could rival the best anywhere.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Honolulu
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our first time to this resort with the family. The Resort was beautiful with private-ish beach, dolphins /turtles in the lagoon and the valet guys were excellent.

Spa was just ok - not worth the price.

Cleanliness of room was absolutely and shockingly not of 5 star standards amongst other issues. Housekeeping did not clean bathroom, left dirty laundry in room after cleaning, left dirty /wet towels in lanai, stained carpet, Broken thermostat, vanity mirror, tv and wifi reception was spotty, nightly turn down was late (9:30pm) and even some nights not at all), newspaper types were different daily - some days it was local paper some days it was wall street.

Food at Plumeria was nothing to speak about. Too salty and not tasty hence the extra salt.

These hotel rooms are in need of some updating - there were cracked tiles, missing grout from areas of the bathroom, chipped paint and wood from the dresser drawers, and the mirrors had water stains and hair from a previous guest.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Love it, love it, love it! But then I've loved it for 30+ years. My daughter, son and I were there recently and remarked on how well it has stood the test of time and changing management. The lobby continues to be one of the most beautiful anywhere. Some of the staff have been there longer than I have which speaks well for the hotel--and we love those familiar faces! Everyone, old and new is friendly and helpful. Lots of Aloha at this property!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully appointed, but the Dolphin Wing rooms don't get the trade winds wh...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to The Kahala Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!