“The best ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Santa Monica, California
“The best ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Excellent service, professional staff who anticipated all our needs. 13 of 24 of our family members stayed at the Kahala on this trip. All 24 enjoyed breakfast at the Plumeria. The resort staff met all our needs and beyond. We have made more than 30 visits to your resort and each stay always exceed our expectations..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

The_Kahala_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Aloha Joseph M,

Mahalo for your loyalty and selecting The Kahala as your destination of choice for you Hawaii vacation. The staff has set the standard for luxury here in Honolulu and I am delighted that you experienced this first hand. We look forward to welcoming the ohana back to the resort soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
wellington, new zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

A most enjoyable hotel and resort. Relaxing, yet there are enough activities to tire even youngsters! Try snorkelling in front of the hotel - beautiful fish to be seen. A truly worthwhile holiday experience.

Room Tip: All rooms have nice views, are clean and quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aloha Jesa47,

Mahalo for the kind comments. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming the ohana back to the resort for another fun Hawaii vacation.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have stayed at eight different hotels in Hawaii, from the overrated Helekulani to the always excellent Four Seasons. However, on Oahu, the Kahala is the best.

The property could use a face lift, but the structure has been well maintained with some upgrading over the years from its days as a Mandarin and is on one of the better parcels of land in the Waikiki area. It is about 10 minutes in taxi from the more centrally located Moana Sufrider, and is located in the Diamond Head/ Kaphahula area. The beach is private and away from the congestion of Waikiki central, the hotel maintains a dolphin pool, and is adjacent to one of the best golf courses on the island where President Clinton once played.

Our suits was spacious with self cleaning toilet seats overlooking the beach and golf course. At a rate less than the Halekulani where most views are of another hotel room, I thought that the Kahala was a good value.

Perhaps the best part of the experience was the service. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate you. They are pleasant, friendly, and knowledgeable -- three traits I seldom find in the many five star hotels I stay at throughout the year.

The food is good and better than most hotels in the area. However, Oahu has some exceptional restaurants on the island, so if you want fine dining, you might try some of the other spots like Alan Wong and La Mer.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
The_Kahala_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Aloha Antionio10,

Mahalo for the kind comments and for sharing your Kahala experience with the Trip Advisor community. Without a doubt the team was excited when we read, "Perhaps the best part of the experience was the service. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate you. They are pleasant, friendly, and knowledgeable -- three traits I seldom find in the many five star hotels."

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The place is very tidy,clean and the staff were wonderful to us.Always polite and helpful.The private beach is safe for the whole family and not crowded, even at this time of the year.Restaurants very good with great service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Aloha Eugene W,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review and for the kinds words. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon.

Very best,
Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I visited The Kahala in June 2014. From the minute we arrived to when we left we felt welcome and well looked after. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. We requested a wheelchair accessible room with wheel in shower and the room was just as requested. The hotel is totally wheel chair accessible and we had no problems getting round anywhere. Cameron on the Concierge desk was extremely helpful finding us a wheelchair accessible trip to Pearl Harbour. We ate in most of the restaurants and the food was always wonderful. We would certainly visit again if we had the chance .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Aloha Stephen T,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at The Kahala Hotel & Resort.

We pride ourselves on our personalized service, and we are delighted that you experience this first hand. I will be sure to share your kind comments with Cameron. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful island home and our resort soon!
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I just got back from a wonderful 5 night stay at the Kahala Hotel & Resort. The purpose of my trip was to relax, let go of stress, get in the healing Hawaiian ocean and see friends that live nearby. The resort exceeded all my expectations in every way! So much so that I'm returning in December with my Husband! I had many, many choices as to where to go. I had always wanted to stay at this resort and finally, I made it happen. Elegant, comfortable, excellent restaurants and attentive staff. The room I stayed in was on the 7th floor facing the mountains. Beds, pillows, size of the room, the lanai - all fantastic! I slept well each night! The breakfast buffet was included in my room price. You could not want for anything more. The buffet had everything anyone could desire.............I especially enjoyed eating dinner at Hoku - their specialty Poki appetizer is not to be missed! I also loved their new Italian restaurant - AranCino. The presentation of the food was so much more than I expected. I loved the square rosemary focaccia bread and their heirloom tomato salad. Their wine list was great and the service so friendly! I had a massage and was very pleased with the service I received, although very expensive! The only downside of my trip was that I did have very noisy neighbors across the hall from my room with lots of kids that continually played in the hallway, cried and yelled at their parents. It's amazing how parents these days cannot be respectful of others. They seem to lose touch that there are others in the same Hotel that may not want to hear their children crying or yelling in common areas...........I called the Front Desk and they took care of this problem right away and offered to move my room. The Hotel Manager came up to my room to apologize. I was pleased with the attentiveness of the staff in regards to this problem. Apparently, I was not the only one complaining about this family..........All in all, I came back relaxed, tan and ready to face the "real" world again! I can't wait to experience the Kahala again.............

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Aloha Robin L,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review and for sharing your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. I am thrilled to hear that you have an outstanding stay and receive exceptional service at every level. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Kahala in December.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have virtually no complaints about my stay. The staff are amazing. The room was fantastic. They went above and beyond to acknowledge my birthday. The food is exceptional. The views are unreal. We especially loved that the hotel is outside the city. The privacy factor was a huge plus for us.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Aloha Jaime T,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful visit and was able to find rest and relaxation during your stay at The Kahala. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next Hawaii vacation.

Been to The Kahala Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!