Westin and Four Seasons have their own beds for a reason. The Kahala is a wonderful hotel. The service was excellent. The food was excellent. The location was excellent. The staff was excellent. The room was excellent and the view was excellent.
Ufortunately the bed in the room sucked beyond belief.
There was a sway in it that was disguised by putting a thick pillow top on it. Simply the most uncomfortable bed I have ever had in any hotel including the cheap ones.
This made the whole stay far less enjoyable when you couldn't sleep and woke up with your back aching.
So I gave it 4 stars for everything but the bed. I wouldn't go back unless I knew the beds were different. I was in room 925. Avoid it!
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LHW, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Amex, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.