Date Saturday 8th to Saturday 15th Feb
We arrived at 8 am after our flight from Sydney, to find the staff from the front desk to the room staff trying their best to get our rooms ready quickly for us to settle in, we knew that this is a late departure hotel 12pm they set us up in a private room so we could freshen up and rest this was 4 rooms 12 people with children to complicate issues, thank you to Lyn and Caroline at the front desk for this.
The staff around the pool where very helpful throughout the week, the breakfast restaurant staff set up our 14 person table for us every breakfast and where quick to supply coffee and tea and they remembered this for the whole week, thank you. We had meals at several of their restaurants and the food was great especially the Bolognese from the Veranda... yummy!
We also had a terrific experience with dolphin quest those dolphins where beautiful to pat, hold and swim with the staff where so professional with 14 people at the one time thumbs up thank you.
Willy on the canoe gave my wife and son & myself a nice ride late one day thank you.
We found the rooms all 6 (when the rest arrived a day later) very clean and spacious no one of the 12 adults could fault any rooms or staff, as Aussies tipping was an issue of understanding we all forgot at times however we never once had any staff get uppity or not offer to do something for us they were professional with us for the week.
The only negative I could say something about was the contracted free shuttle service and this was more to do with their maintenance of their buses one had leg heating issues towards the back right side.
Thank you for a terrific experience at this wonderful Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu