If you have the budget, you have to stay at this beachfront resort. Out of the hotels that my group stayed at, by far this was the nicest. When you step into the lobby, you can tell that the resort is unique. The lobby looks like a Pier 1 store on an elegant level. They have some shops and a nice long wall covered with photos of the celebrities that have stayed at the resort.
The most impressive part of the resort is the spa. No matter what spa treatment you pick, you have your own suite to enjoy with a tub where the water falls from the ceiling. I truly wished I could have experienced a treatment there.
The rooms are beautiful as well as the views. Each room decor is different and hand picked so each room is different. You walk into your room and light music is already playing. The balconies are huge as well as the bathroom. You feel more like you are staying at a friend's house than at a hotel.
There is a fun lagoon where dolphins live. You can swim with them (for a price) and you can watch them be trained and fed at your own leisure. The view of the ocean and the beach is out of this world. Just so beautiful. It is really calm.
I had breakfast at the breakfast buffet. It was delicious. They have the usual breakfast food, but they also have specialties. They have a bruschetta bar and mini maple pancakes that are so good. They also have fresh, all natural smoothies. I had one that had a least 6 fruits blended together and no diary.
Overall, I would love to get back to this resort and stay there longer. Not only is the place beautiful, but it is a unique resort where it cannot be compared. Thank you VIP Vacations for getting me a stay in this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LHW, Expedia, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu