“The Only Placce to Stay In Honolulu!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$335 (USD)
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Vancouver, Canada
“The Only Placce to Stay In Honolulu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have stayed at Hotels all over the world, including many in the luxury category. The Kahala is, hands down, # 1. The location is superb. The food is almost without exception absolutely first class. The staff are the best trained of any we have experienced, only 4 Seasons comes close. While pricier than many NO OTHER HOTEL IS BETTER VALUE.

Room Tip: We prefer a balconied room Koko Head wing ( mountain view with a glimpse of the water) to the prici...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time to send your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us. We always try to provide our guests with a comfortable and memorable resort experience, and I was delighted to see that our services and facilities met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort sometime soon. Aloha and thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sausalito
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Kahala and we were blown away by the excellent service, fabulous dining options, beautiful and extremely comfortable guest rooms. Loved the serene location, but also loved the fact that the Kahala offered hourly shuttles to and from Waikiki.

Cant wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Ocean Front rooms overlooking the lagoon with the dolphins and out to the beach.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Honolulu. I was delighted to see that you had a good time and enjoyed our dining options along with our guest services and rooms and were able to take advantage of our shopping shuttle. I appreciate receiving your comments, and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back to our resort on many future occasions. Aloha and best regards.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've stayed at The Kahala Hotel & Resort three times so far and will continue to go back anytime we're in the Honolulu area. From the beautiful location, beautiful and clean rooms, private beach, to the very friendly and helpful staff, you won't find a better or more peaceful place to stay. My kids also prefer staying at The Kahala vs. staying in busy Waikiki. The dolphins are an extra plus and I highly recommend going for a swim with them. Truly a great experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It was a pleasure having you with us again, and thank you so much for sending your positive feedback. I was very glad to see that our secluded location and beach along with our guest rooms and friendly staff continue to meet your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our resort sometime soon. Aloha and best wishes.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wow is all I can say. I thought of writing this review when I returned home, but I just could not wait. I have been traveling for many years and would say that I am a bit finicky, but I was absolutely blown away at the service they provided us and the hospitality received. My positive experience began weeks before I even arrived. I had some issues with my booking and management was able to take care of any concerns I had even before I arrived. The management is superb and you can tell the staff has been managed well. From the minute you arrived, the warm and sincere welcome you receive is just unbelievable. i honestly felt like royalty. My bell hop Trevor was so enthusiastic. He showed me the amenities and facilities including my room as if he had built the resort. The rooms are beautiful and so spacious and amazingly clean. The beds was like sleeping on clouds and I felt like I was sleeping in my own bed. The turn down service was awesome, coming home each night to hawaiian music playing in your room and bottles of water by your bedside. The waiters at the restaurant again wonderful. When my daughter was upset returning from the buffet claiming they were out of their famous sticky buns, "must try", Eric our waiter who was cleaning the next table and overheard, went and brought my daughter some. i was so shocked at how attentive the staff was. The beachside attendants set up the loungers for you even laying out your beach towels. The front desk who when you ask for wake up call, asks if you require a reminder call in ten minutes or if you want to know the full weather for the day. The room service who not just delivers the food on a tray like most resorts, but wheels in a table with places settings even if you just ordered a simple burger. The list goes on. They truly go above and beyond the industry norm for service.mHonestly, I have never experienced such hospitality and service anywhere. There may have been newer resorts, but the service here is so genuine and sincere. The staff are really happy and as a result you see that everywhere you go at the resort. I did not once run into any staff member who did not greet me or have a smile all week. Truly amazing resort and this is the one and only resort that I will come back without a doubt!!! Private beach, dolphin lagoon with sea turtles right at the resort, wonderful restaurants with excellent food, free shuttles, valet service. This resort has everything you want for a perfect vacation. This was the best decision for my family to stay away from the tourist Waikiki area where everyone normally stays and truly experience Hawaii and the Hawaiian hospitality. Thank you Rosann, Yoshimi, Kathy, Trevor, Eric and all the wonderful staff at Kahala!!! Mahalo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I was delighted to read your comments following your recent stay with us, and thank you for sharing your experience at our resort. Nothing makes me and my staff happier than to learn that we have left our guests wanting more of our magical brand of aloha. It is great to know that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed our guest facilities and the exceptional services provided by our employees. It will be a great pleasure for us to be of service to you and your family again the next time you plan to visit our beautiful island. Thank you so much for taking the time to write. Aloha and best wishes.
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was second visit to Honolulu, first time visit to the Kahala. Came for a conference and originally was going to stay in Waikiki but a lot of the hotels were booked out. This place was amazing. The service is top notch, people were all very friendly, and the location is a bit secluded off the hustle and bustle of Waikiki. Restaurants were all terrific although felt a little bossed around in the lounge with some overbearing suggestions from the wait staff leading to ordering plates I didn't really enjoy. The beach is pretty swim friendly with quiet waves. Decor was great, clean and tasteful although I also overhead they are planning to do some renovations and replace carpets soon. Overall, felt very pampered and didn't want to leave. Would consider coming back to Oahu just to come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: The ocean view was terrific.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I was delighted to read your feedback following your recent stay at our resort. It was good to see that you enjoyed our location and guest services. However, it was surprising to read about one of the waitstaff in the lounge, and rest assured this was shared with our Director of Food & Beverage for his information and appropriate follow up. Thank you for sending your positive feedback and sharing your concerns. We look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to Honolulu. Aloha and best wishes.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Kahala Resort March 1 - 7, 2013 it was truly wonderful and AMAZING! The staff was just awesome! We felt very welcomed from the time we enter the resort until the very last hour of us leaving. The staff was so kind and always greeted us with a smile and Olaha! :-) The resort was simply just gorgeous! The food was delicious! The beach OMG.... breath taking views. We met some great people that was visiting and staff. Hello Rita! Hello Delva! I wish I could remember everyone names. Oh and the bartenders....We are going to disco next time! LOL! Also would like to thank the Chef for making the awesome eggs (scrambled/mushrooms/spinach). :-) We truly enjoyed ourselves and recommend the Kahala Resort for a great place to stay. Michael and Latonya Johnson

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Honolulu and for taking the time to share your experience. I was delighted to see that you had a good time and our guest services, food, and secluded beach surpassed your expectations. Also, it was kind of you to highlight our chef and other employees who provided exceptional service. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit our beautiful island. Aloha and best regards.
Penn Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were at the Kahal for five days for daughter's wedding. Excellent ambience, superb staff that all called us by name, and a bautiful location on the ocean. Don't miss a swim with the dolphins. Food as very good and an extra restaurant is about to open. Very nicely appointed rooms, wonderful pool area, and kudos on the wedding arrangements. Expensive but well worth it!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course have a partial ocean view and a beautiful mountain panorama. Stay...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
It was thoughtful of you to take the time to share your recent experience at our resort during your daughter's wedding and celebration. Your wonderful comments were music to my ears, and it was a pleasure having you with us. I was delighted to see that our private location and special ambience along with exceptional service, guest rooms, and food all met and exceeded your expectations. My staff and I will be happy to be of service to you again on a future occasion. Aloha and best wishes.

Been to The Kahala Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!