“A must visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
honolulu
“A must visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had a lovely lunch here with family. Service and food was wonderful and the view and beach lovely ideal for those holiday photos. The turtles and dolphin show was a surprise bonus and you can swim with the dolphins if you would like with very friendly staff. All in all i would recommend this as a must visit if in honolulu.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
The_Kahala_Hotel, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your lunch with us. And that you found our dolphins and turtles delightful. Mahalo! We look forward to welcoming you back!

With Kindest Regards,
Roseann Grippo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Kahala is one of the few places I've been to where I feel like home. The staffs there are so friendly and helpful all the way from the valet to the manger. Even my hard to satified Chinese elite friends are having such an amazing time while staying there with fabulous dinning experience, swimming with the dophines, and chilling on the cananas on the beach. I also love the personal tough they do at the kahala, such as making noodles for chinese birthday celebration!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
It was such a pleasure to read your comments, and thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Honolulu. We always try to provide a comfortable and memorable resort experience for our guests, and I was delighted to see that you felt "at home" and found our staff friendly and helpful. Knowing that your Chinese birthday celebration was a big success is wonderful news, too. My staff and I look forward to being of service to you again sometime soon. Aloha and best regards.
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

From the moment we arrived until the second we left it was perfect perfect food perfect teeth perfect service perfect cleanliness and amazing Aloha filled environment. The chef out did himself with the sandwiches pastries fruits vegetables and amazing tea selections.

• Stayed January 2013
The_Kahala_Hotel, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Mahalo and thank you so much for your feedback. We are so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations and that everything was perfect from tea to ambiance.

On behalf of the entire staff and myself, thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience. We certainly appreciate such kind words.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Eating at The Veranda was a delight! The servers Kellee, Michal, and Tatyana were so gracious and predicted our every need. Thanks for setting up a special setting for Echo's birthday celebration! The valet was quick and the hosts were helpful to surprise our birthday girl. Come to the Kahala for a relaxing Sunday afternoon or a delicious dinner!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so pleased that you had such an enjoyable time at The Veranda. And it is truly a delight to hear that we were able to be a part of such a special day.

On behalf of the entire staff and myself, thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience and for the kind recommendation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

One always here's how lucky we are to live in Hawaii and it only gets better when one of the best Spas in Hawaii located at the Kahala hotel is just 3 blocks from my home.
Whenever I really need to feel refreshed or going out for a big night I know I can count on Olivia to give me the latest hydro facial that will get me looking radiant for a special occasion-if you are visiting you won't want to miss the beautiful private spa rooms to have anyone of their amazing treatments-The rooms have private spa tubs and showers for complete privacy. My husband and I have also enjoyed a couples massage treatment with fresh strawberries and campaign delivered! The staff is super educated in the latest anti aging treatments and have products and beauty tools that you can purchase and take back home-one of my favorite treatments other then the hydro/oxygen facial is the anti aging June Jacobs hydrating facial-I also ask for the addition of the face lifting treatment with the Nu Face Trinity-your face and skin will look amazing. I am so lucky to live here and have such a wonder spa so close. If visiting Hawaii and even if not staying at the hotel this is one spa you should not visit-with Aloha Devra

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so pleased that you had such an enjoyable time at The Kahala Spa.

On behalf of the entire staff and myself, thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience. We certainly appreciate your glowing words of praise about our lovely spa treatements. As part of our daily communication I have shared your feedback with our teams as there is no better motivator then a job well done !

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

For the celebration of my milestone Birthday, my wife choose to organize a private dinner with an intimate group of special friends at one of our favorite location in Honolulu, The Kahala Hotel and Resort.

The exclusive experience and prime location of the hotel inspired us to have our wedding there and being Honolulu residents, each time a special occasion comes with our family, or for business purposes, this is our destination.

My wife, Marisa, had a pleasant time working very precisely with the management of the Hotel for the planning of this special birthday, taking place on the magnificent beach front lawn of the private room of Kahala O Ke Kai.

On the evening of the dinner the General Manager, Roseann Grippo, and her management team were on location to welcome personally my wife and I on our arrival, and impressed us with an outstanding setting and surprised us with unexpected beautiful flower arrangements. Absolutely delightful! Our guests arrived and were impressed also by the setting and private location, the dinner was just about fine dinning, impeccable service in every detail, bringing our experience above expectation.
The evening was a complete success and this special birthday will remain unforgettable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Aloha Patrick, Thank you for leaving such kind compliments and for celebrating your birthday with us. Nothing makes me happier than to know that my wonderful team has left such a lasting unforgettable experience with you.

On behalf of the entire staff and myself, thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience. I will be sharing with your feedback with our teams as there is no better motivator then a job well done !

Mahalo and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Honolulu, HI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is our 3rd stay and second review of The Kahala Hotel. We were having brunch at the Plumeria Beach House yesterday morning when we suddenly thought, why not stay the night? My daughter wanted to use the pool. :) Overall, still love the hotel and the staff are mostly awesome. With ONE exception (and this was the same even with our previous stays)....why is the front desk/reception staff find it sooooo hard to crack a smile? Why is answering a question such a hassle? I also had the feeling that one of them didn't want me to book a room. I walked up from the Plumeria Beach House and asked a lady in the front desk if there is a room available (I was doubting it due to the Sony Open). The first lady said there was only ONE room available and it was an undesirable room on the first floor with a view of the front of the hotel (where people drive in). I told her I will ask my family first. When we decided to go for it, I went back to the front desk to book the room but found another lady available to help me. I asked the same question and she said there was a room on the fourth floor with a nice view of the golf course/mountains. So was the first one lying? I took the fourth floor room but when the second lady was processing the transaction (by the way, the whole time, NOT a single smile or friendly small talk), I had a quick question. She actually had the gall to say, "wait I don't know where I am now," while staring at the computer screen the entire time. Maybe I should not have bothered her while doing rocket science work of booking a room - my apologies! But talking to me like that was RUDE!!! Rude!!!!!

I don't want to end this review on a bad note so I must say that the valet service folks were exceptionally nice as well as the guy who delivered our bags to our room. Room was super clean, very big with an awesome view of the Sony Open! Housekeeping staff was also super, super nice.

Dear Kahala --- we live in the neighborhood but check in for staycations and have also celebrated milestones there (our wedding, our eldest's baptism & first bday party). We also plan to have our second baby's second bday party there. Please train your frontdesk to more polite and to show a little bit more Aloha. It's such a shame when one of the first people you encounter upon checking-in seem as though the last thing they want to do is help/serve you.

Aloha Vanessa_HI

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at The Kahala Hotel & Resort. We truly appreciate your feedback during your busy schedule.

I truly regret to learn the experience you encountered during your recent stay at The Kahala Hotel & Resort was not up our usual Kahala standards. We continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service, which in this case it appears that we have failed to deliver that upon check in. We take your concerns very seriously and are taking proactive measures to implement procedures to prevent these type of occurrences.

We value your constructive comments and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to offer our aloha hospitality. Please contact our Director of Guest Services, Flora LaMontagne, she will see to it that all your needs are taken care of. Thank you again for your feedback; we look forward to turning your experience around.

With kind regards,
Roseann Grippo

Been to The Kahala Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!