For my first time in Hawaii, I couldn't have had a more pleasant stay. The property is very elegant yet relaxed and the staff very friendly and helpful, and very keen to assist with anything you may require.
As the hotel is away from Waikiki it is ideal to just enjoy the beach and the hotel facilities, although there is a small mall with cinema 5 minutes away. The hotel has a lagoon with dolphins, and its great to watch them any time of day up close. The rooms are lovely, there is an automatic upgrade if a room is available, which I enjoyed. Contrary to what others have said, the bathrooms are not too small, at least in the lagoon wing, and the food in the Plumaria restaurant was nicely cooked and presented. I will happily go again and recommend it to friends.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.