This is our sixth stay at The Kahala. Prior to coming to The Kahala, we usually stayed at the hotels in Wakiki. Wakiki simply became too crowed and the beach is jammed packed; no longer a pleasure to spend a week, a day maybe. (take the Kahala shuttle to Wakiki Beach)
Kahala is about 15 minutes east of Wakiki. Located at the end of Kahala Avenue (the most coveted address in Honolulu, I think), it is secluded with lovely surroundings. Without big waves and a gentle slope, swimming in the ocean is a pleasure. (only beach that I can swim without getting knocked about by waves) Best of all, i've never seen more than 10 swimmers at one time.
Delicious buffet breakfast is pricey but if your vacation package includes, it is a fabulous treat especially if you go at 6:15 AM and watch the sunrise as you enjoy the freshly cooked omelette, incredible pastries and of course,fresh fruits.
Downsides: the pool is dated, small, and less than five feet deep. This resort is not design for children, except very young ones. With the exception of dolphins, it is not a children friendly resort. It is designed for weddings, multiple weddings in one day. Parking is expensive and no street parking available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LHW, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu