“Give the Marriott free breakfast a miss!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Spada Bar & Restaurant

Spada Bar & Restaurant
400 Royal Hawaiian Avenue (at the corner of Kuhio Avenue), Courtyard Marriott Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96813 (Waikiki)
808-931-6222
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #615 of 1,987 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Waikiki
“Give the Marriott free breakfast a miss!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This is horrible even or a free breakfast, I would rather pay the value of the free breakfast offered by the hotel and get some service, value, taste, cleanliness somewhere else... Give this one a miss... I'm really surprised to read the comments of others that have had a good meal here??

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Something went wrong...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My sister and I walked down to one of our favorite restaurants to watch the Halloween mayhem from its windows that look onto Kuhio. We have loved the ambiance and refined tastes and service in this well-located restaurant. If you love good Italian pastas and traditional dishes, you would have loved Spada.

But something went wrong. Did they sell it? Did the owner get sick or die or something? What a major bummer last night at Spada. The service that was so perfect before, was appalling. Our waitress left our finished salad plates on our table as she brought out the entrees. We had to place our salad plates on the table next to us so she could put the next ones on our table. Then she left the salad plates on the table next to us for the rest of the evening and disappeared for the duration. We had to wave to the bartender, who was too busy texting on her phone to see us for a while, to get some bread and butter. When the waitress brought the bread and butter we were surprised to see a small bowl of 'Land 'o Lakes' packaged butter units. It used to be a nice little crock of good butter but now I felt like they had stolen the packets from the I-Hop restaurant down the street. I'm not paying $18 dollars for an appetizer that comes with cheap little butter packets. My ap was not as described on the menu. What once was perfectly cooked shrimp, wrapped in juicy bacon and accompanied by fresh basil and tomatoes, was now some tough shrimp, hard-to-chew, tasteless bacon, and all of it swimming in some brown gravy that was just downright weird. My sister ordered the scallops, a different description in the menu but came out with the exact same 'gravy' that was on my shrimp.

It was depressing because this restaurant used to be so delightful. But now...well, go somewhere else.

Sal

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Huntersville, North Carolina
“so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Food was so-so,prices were very high,at least I thought so. We had pizza,shared a salad and soda, and was over 35.00 dollars.

Visited October 2012
Canberra, Australia
“Friendliest restaurant in Waikiki!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott during Seppt 2012 and ate regularly at the attached Spada Restaurant. Very consistent service and very amiable staff. Special mention to Manager, Rosanna, who went out of her way to make sure that we were treated royally and always personally chatted to us even when the restaurant was full. (ask for the fresh pasta - particularly Lobster Ravioli :) ). Also great to be greeted by Shelby each morning for breakfast (if you happen to meet her, quote her some Wordsworth - quite a poetry connisseur!).

Highly recommended if you want great dining with a family feel.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Pleasant Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were looking for a nice sit-down restaurant after a day of sightseeing. Spada was near our hotel so after looking at the menu, and reconnoiutering several restaurants in the area, we ate an early supper. At 5:30 it was not at all crowded and we were seated immediately at the table of our choice. I ordered a salad and tomato shrimp dish and my husband had the Italian sausages with spaghetti (I think). Service was excellent, the restaurant quiet and relaxing making for a pleasant meal. There were plenty of tasty leftovers for a nice supper the next evening. With a coupon we got a free yummy cheesecake dessert which we enjoyed in our hotel room with fresh brewed coffee at breakfast.

• Visited September 2012