“Great Morning Dives” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 355 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Divers is a 5 Star PADI IDC Facility with a marina based full service dive center in Hawaii Kai from which two of our four vessels depart. Two other shops are located on military installations with pool training facilities. We pride ourselves on having the best facilities and dive boats on the island with a friendly and professional staff.
Sugar Hill GA
4 attraction reviews
“Great Morning Dives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The DMs on our morning dives were fun and did their best to help us find a lot of marine life. Unfortunately, the reefs were very bleached out so there wasn't any color but playing with an octopus during the day more than made up for that!!

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
San Diego, California
“Best Dive Shop In Hawaii”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I'm going to keep this short. Island Divers is the only company I will dive with in Hawaii. I was treated like a VIP the first phone call I made to book my dives until I was dropped off back at my hotel. Jeff set me up with everything I needed. Marc, our guide, was a true professional, giving thorough dive briefs and guiding us while still allowing us to explore on our own. The boat was HUGE and there was Hot Chocolate, Pineapple, and even hot mint towels at the end of the day. The Captain and crew were attentive and helped us plan other activities for our stay. I can't wait to go back. I'm already saving up and getting some friends together for the next trip. It was the highlight of my Hawaiian vacation.

Post Falls, Idaho
“Go with island divers if you enjoy the rape of the natural world.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Booked a dive with island divers, disorganized and crowded since they had 6 additional 'off duty staff' on board. Under the water one of their staff yanked an octopus off the reef and shook him around a bit until he released his ink, another kicked a turtle in the face while he was trying to swim past it through a tiny keyhole in the rocks and the third staff member sat inside the corsair cockpit and took his mask off, swinging it around like a cowboy. If you want a company who is organized and whose staff actually respects the majesty of the reef from which they make their living, go with Dive Oahu.

Kitimat, Canada
“Three tank Sunday dive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My first time diving in Hawaii was a three tank Sunday dive. Two deep wrecks and drift dive. The first was the YO-275, the second was Sea Tiger and finally a drift along Fantasy Reef.
The visibility was less than perfect, but no fault of the dive shop. They have a casual and friendly manner, but are as professional as any other shop I have dived with. That being said they gave the more advanced divers a chance to buddy up and dive to their full capabilities, and not be limited to the more novice if the group. Numerous times with other dives, I have had to come up when the more novice runs low on air, and still have well over half a tank. I am not dissing novice divers, as I was one also. But being able to fully use my air and bottom times made a world of difference and I did notice Matt or Max always around when we were exploring the wrecks.
I will dive with this shop again.
I didn't give it a five because of the lower than usual visibility.
Thanks to Matt for the photos, Max for the humor, and the boat captain Joe for a Sunday that was a pleasant, relaxed and fulfilling day

Quebec City, Canada
“Friendly people. Great atmosphere on the boat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Went diving with divemasters Larry, Mark and Amy, and boat captain Kendal. We had good briefings from Larry before diving. Staff was helpful and friendly. We had fun! They accomodated us as we had our 4 month-old baby traveling with us (they let my husband and baby come onboard on my diving day). We had a great day. Would have appreciate to learn a little more about the way to use the provided computer before diving. I recommend this diveshop.