“Legendary Gay Bar with a Diamond Head View” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hula's Bar & Lei Stand

Hula's Bar & Lei Stand
134 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-4014 (Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis)
+1 808-923-0669
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #169 of 1,789 Restaurants in Honolulu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Philadelphia,PA
“Legendary Gay Bar with a Diamond Head View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

While the Mai Tai's leave room for improvement, the price is right.
Pitchers of drinks go for less than others charge for pitchers of beer. Long happy hour - 11AM - 9PM. Friendly staff.

Visited September 2013

Los Angeles, CA
“Always a fun place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Sure, it's on the second floor of an older hotel, but what fantastic views it has to offer. Hula's is sort of an institution in Waikiki. The location is less then a block from the beach with stunning views of the park, Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. When I went there the bar tender could not any friendlier to me and chatted a bit with me which I appreciated. I went there on Saturday afternoon around 3:30P thinking it would be dead, but it was quite busy. As the time passed the place got busy with boys coming in after the beach. Waiters were cute young twinks, but the crowd was mixed with younger guys, mature guys, tourist and a few women. I always have a good time there and would definitely go back. Drinks prices are very reasonable.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“Hard to find”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were told about this bar by a couple of friends that travel to Hawaii each year. It took us quite a while to find the bar with the directions that we were given by our waiter at the Hard Rock. It's on the second level of a hotel FYI. We did go on a Wednesday night, so I can understand the 6 people who were there and not being very busy. It's got great decor, however the really off putting thing was the barman. They had a special up with said Kettle One Wells 5 Dollars. When we asked him what a kettle one well was his answer was "ummm a kettle one well", even when he asked him for more information he treated us like we should have known. After all that Kettle One is a type of Vodka and well means similar to house vodka. I just wish we could have gone on a Friday or a Saturday night as this may have been a completely different review.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ohio
“a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Super friendly staff and the best mai tais around. Various drink specials each day at a great value. I will miss my nightly bar visit almost as much as the beach itself! I highly reccommend stopping here.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“great view, great drinks, fun gays:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

went for some amazing and very reasonably priced drinks. Justin was a great bartender and super friendly. Worth i

Visited July 2013