“Amazing Views!” 5 of 5 stars

$32*
and up
Diamond Head Crater Small Group Adventure
Ranked #9 of 123 Attractions in Honolulu
Type: Beaches, Geologic Formations, Parks, Hiking Trails, Trails, Volcanos, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Outdoors
Activities: Wind-surfing, Hiking
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A dormant volcano crater.
Houston, Texas
10 attraction reviews
“Amazing Views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

So for starters, I thought this hike would be difficult from the reviews. Well I used my iPhone runkeeper ap and I made it to the very top in 23 minutes at regular walking pace!! Seriously I was going the same walking pace as everyone else. This is NOT a hard hike at all! I went in the afternoon around 3:00 on a Friday so there was plenty of parking. I paid the $5 (parking price) and I am so glad I drove because the worst part would be just getting to the entrance from the road below so definitely drive or taxi. From there like I said, I had plenty of energy and it's a regular slow grade up hill except for 2 sets of stairs. If it took me 23 minutes I cannot imagine it taking any average person more than 45 minutes. The views are just amazing so worth it!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
41 attraction reviews
“The juice is worth the squeeze...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

The hike can be strenuous depending on your conditioning and your attitude, but the view at the top is spectacular. Great panorama of the southern Oahu coast! Take a camera, good shoes and water .... It's worth every step!

14 attraction reviews
“Good hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Go early to avoid the heat, wear good walking shoes, bring some water and pace yourself for your fitness level.

The bus stop is a ways away from the trailhead (uphill). We took a cab to Diamond Head and the bus back to our hotel and that worked out great for us.

Treat yourself to a shaved ice once you get back down.

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
“Nice hike with breathtaking view as reward.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I wish that there were more places to hike near waikiki.
I don't mind paying a couple bucks to help with upkeep, but that is what is keeping me from giving a 5th star.

tempe, az
30 attraction reviews
“Easy hike”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I compared this to Haleakala on Maui, and was not impressed. The hike to the top is not hard, and the view of Waikiki is great, but the volcano itself is just OK.