“Best Waikiki Luau” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hale Koa Luau

Hale Koa Luau
2055 Kalia Road, Hale Koa Hotel, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
(808) 955-0555
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Best Waikiki Luau”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

What a find! Great value, great show and good food .Though the Hale Koa Hoatel caters to US military personnel only, it does allow day visitors to attend activities and eateries. Ask for day pass at the reception desk and it will alow to purchase tickets for the luau. As expected the dinner service for the luau was run with military percision. The show runs for just over an hour. A ticket for a family of 4, 2 x Adults and 2 x children is just over $120,00. I'm definitely glad i followed the triadvisor reports and avoided the other expensive hotel run luaus such as the Hilton. This is definitely the one to be at for the discerning tourist!

Charleston, South Carolina
12 attraction reviews
“Best Luau on island!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Worth every penny! The food was delicious and the show was very entertaining. Very patriotic, energetic, and funny. The cast is world class. Don't be fooled by any other luau on the island.... Get reservations early because it gets sold out very fast!

Tracy, California
“First Luau, CROWDED!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

If there was a 3.5 star rating I would give that instead of four. First let me say this was my first luau ever, so I have nothing to compare it to. The show was fantastic and the food was pretty good. My biggest complaint is how CROWDED it was, not just at our table but everywhere, you could not walk around without bumping into someone. I lost my kids about 3 times in a sea of people and they were almost trampled when everyone walked over to see the pig being taken out. SO, we could not see the pig ceremony, and it took me 10 minutes to get through the line to the water jugs only to find out it had been emptied and took another 10 minutes to get someone to help me to refill it. Not so awesome. Our friends were handed a nonalcoholic drink at the "free-drink" table and when they tried to exchange it the servers said "no, sorry, only one free drink per person", that was annoying too. BUT overall we did have a fun time - I think a luau is a must if you visit Hawaii, I'm sure you can find a better one - but I doubt for this price.

21 attraction reviews
“Good luau”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The luau is a fun experience if you have never been to one. They have activities that you can do before hand and everyone gets a free drink and a shell necklace when they walk in. The dancers are great and they even have a dancer that spins fire as the grand finale. The show reminded me somewhat of the old 50's era USO shows and the host reminded me of Ricky Ricardo from I Love Lucy. The show was good and it kept you entertained. When buying tickets, be sure to go early and ask to see a map when picking out your seats. It's hard to see if you are all the way in the back. Once again, the show is held at a military hotel and is directed towards the military but it was a nice incorporation. The food is good and includes a lot of local food. However, if you do not like meat or coconut, you may want to eat before or after the show. All in all a good show and worth a try if you have never experienced a luau before.

Visited May 2013
Buffy
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Having been to the larger Luau at Paradise Cove, it was really nice to attend this one. Not only was it significantly cheaper, but it was much more intimate, the food was better and the entertainment was a lot more fun.The host was absolutely fabulous, and really funny. The grass area was great to sit on and relax whilst you watched the pre show dancers and music. I would definitely recommend this show. The tributes to the military at the end of the show was quite heart wrenching, even though aimed at an American audience.

Visited May 2013