“Lucky find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flying Eagle Country Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clarkdale
Flying Eagle Country Bed & Breakfast
You added Flying Eagle Country Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
2700 Windmill Lane, Clarkdale, AZ   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Clarkdale B&B and Inns
“Lucky find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Perfect location.
Quiet and secluded.
We had never stayed at a B and B before and were a little nervous.
We were made to feel so welcome. Amazing experience.
Still pinching ourselves on our luck to find such a cool place for a great value.
We stayed in the Loft. We only stayed one night so we did not have time to enjoy the area. Wished we had walked around. Wished we had more time to sit out on the porch with a glass of wine and enjoy the stars and howls of coyote. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a very nice stay at the Flying Eagle Country B & B. Patricia was very accommodating, especially when we requested the continental breakfast at 6:30am each morning (we are early riser birdwatchers)! Ideally it would have been nice to have a regular breakfast but the continental breakfast worked out fine. We stayed in the Guest House and just loved it! It's very private with a kitchenette, one very comfortable queen bed, one single bed, a clean bathroom with shower and TV. Sometimes it's the little things that impress me and there was even a toothbrush holder in the bathroom - never saw that before at a B&B! The surroundings there are very beautiful with plenty of areas to just sit outside and relax. We recommend the Flying Eagle and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Okay, I admit that I struggled what rating to give this place. If you are looking for a place with a great breakfast and upgraded furnishings, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for an affordable central location to visit Jerome, Sedona, Tuzigoot National Monument, Montezuma’s Well, and the rest of the Verde Valley, this is a good spot. It is very quiet (away from the highway), has fabulous views, and situated down an un-paved road.
The owner is non-intrusive and pleasant, but she doesn't serve much of a breakfast (coffee, juice, a small amount of fruit, and a pastry). If you really can't eat pastry, she will give you a hard-boiled egg. This breakfast was no frills but it was fine for us this trip.
We had the Loft room, which is very pleasant with great windows looking over the Verde Valley. I loved waking up there in the morning and taking an early walk in countryside before the sun really became intense. Lots of critters about and cacti in bloom! The bed was comfortable and I slept soundly. On the down side the decor is a mix-mash of furnishings that aren't meant to go together and the bathroom had some mold in the shower. The towels smelled less than fresh. I felt like I was staying at a home of someone who was doing this B & B gig on the side, not a professional inn-keeper. Still, for the $85 a night, it was a comfortable and welcome alternative to a cramped motel room on the road, so we will definitely stay at the Flying Eagle again.

Room Tip: Go with the Loft Room. You are over the breakfast folks in the main house, so you probably can't...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

We spent 2 nights at this bed and breakfast,,,I would highly recommend staying in the loft...it is on the second floor, has it's own balcony and a great view..we had the continental breakfasts which were delicious.... the cool nights coupled with a comfortable bed made for a pleasant sleeping experience...we especially liked the peace and quiet, no road noise only the sound of the wind and birds..if you're looking for a relaxing get away this is definitely the place to go. If you're a star gazer, be sure to bring your telescope, there was also one of premise if you forget..it was a perfect mini vacaton..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Let me start by saying that this location was beautiful. My husband took me up to this bed and breakfast for my birthday. I was so excited so my expectations were high. This bed and breakfast exceeded my expectations in every way. The owner Patricia was so kind. Not only was she a great host but she also gave us great recommendations for area attractions. It seemed that she knew our personalities after meeting us and knew exactly what we would enjoy. She was a welcoming sight from our heat filled Phoenix lives. Right nearby there are so many things to do. Just a bit away from anything your adventure has in store for you. Jerome (which both my husband and I adored), Sedona, and many wineries are right around the corner. If you don't want to go anywhere and just relax...you can just stay in your cozy room. My husband and I both were tired after waking up early to do Jerome...came back to our "sunrise room" ...took nap...then woke up to watch the 2011 world series. We didn't want to leave...my recommendation is to stay here. It is worth it....you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I needed a weekend away. Sedona is pretty expensive so we looked at places in Cottonwood and Clarkdale. Very comfortable bed, great yard, delicious breakfast. Patricia is a welcoming hostess. The restaurant and tourist sites on her website are also on the money.

• Stayed June 2011
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

My husband surprised me with a getaway weekend to the Flying Eagle B&B to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. Patricia helped secure winery tours, dinner reservations and Verde Valley Railroad tickets. Each morning she met us with a smile, cup of coffee and a tastey breakfast. The evenings are beautiful and such a treat to sleep with the windows open to wake up to the sound of songbirds. I would recommend Patricia's hospitality and the Flying Eagle to everyone!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Flying Eagle Country Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!