“Luxurious Accommodations” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bristol, Connecticut
“Luxurious Accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Convenient location on trolly stop on Belleview Avenue. Central to waterfront shopping, fine restaurants, the public beach, Tennis Hall of Fame and much more. Can't say enough nice things about this hotel. We stayed for four nights arriving before Thanksgiving and leaving the Friday after which gave us a chance to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner at the Viking. Food was great and they had a gentleman playing guitar and I would love to do it again. Convenient walk to the Elms (my favorite mansion). On arrival we first took the trolley tour from the visitor's center and this was so informative and helped to see where tourist sites were located. The valet service at the hotel were very prompt and made suggestions on driving routes and things to see.

Room Tip: Room on Belleview was luxurious with a marble bath and rain shower. Queen double was nice for famil...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
r.i.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I visited the Hotel Viking Spa recently, as I was visiting friends from Newport. I grew up in the area and always enjoy my visits to Newport. While visiting I decided to treat myself to a pedicure as it was a nice day, and I was excited to be wearing sandals. What I thought was an enjoyable pedicure by Rebecca, turned out to be a gossip fest. What Rebecca did not realize is I have many friends in the area.You know what they say it's a small world, and you never know who you are talking to. I have been away a long time, but I visit as often as I can. Rebecca decided it was professional to share my whole conversation with others. I find this extremely Unprofessional. I just want to make sure others don't tell her any secrets, as they won't be secrets for long. I would recommend staying at the Viking Hotel. Beautiful stay, just beware of the pedicurist Rebecca, she has loose lips.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Recently stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend for a weekend to celebrate his bday. Chose the Viking based on reviews here, as well as recommendation from a colleague. The overall hotel is beautiful and the facilities look lovely. Location of the hotel within Newport is great. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, particularly the guys helping with parking- they were great! When we got up to our room we were taken aback with how small it was, as well as how small the bathroom was - also was missing shampoo/conditioner, and no water pressure. Granted, we stayed in the least expensive room offered, but even still, the bed took up essentially the entire room (But it was very comfy). Everything was very clean. When we checked out, I was a bit surprised to see that the bill was roughly 100 dollars more than I had anticipated. There are several taxes and a "resort fee" that are charged per night, (too bad we didn't use the pool or the gym...we paid for it anyway) and led to an increase we were not prepared for. For the size of the room, lackluster bathroom, and the added on fees, I didn't feel that it was really worth the money we ultimately wound up spending. My guess is that if you are prepared to spend more, want to take full advantage of all amenities, and stay in one of their larger rooms, you'd probably feel less mixed about it than we did. Not sure that we'll be back, but I think I'd recommend it to people who are really looking to splurge and would not be concerned with the add-ons.

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Enjoyed our recent 10 days, 9 nights at the Viking. Outstand warm and friendly staff beginning with the greeting by the Valet and reception / front desk. This outstanding service continued with housekeeping, and the restaurant staff throughout our stay. That warmth was still there as the valet packed our rental car and sent us on our way with a fond farewell. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floor have better views of the area.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The room was beautifully appointed and couldn't have been more comfortable. The staff at the check-in was incredibly nice and efficient. I would definitely stay here again. We stayed in the breakers suite which had a lovely dining room, couch, fireplace and separate bedroom and bathroom.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

At our check in, all things went well. Everyone was friendly and cared for our needs. Valet Joe and Evan where great and professional.
Our room was perfect. We dined at One Bellevue and absolutley would return- the food was amazing, service was second to none, and the diding room was super clean.
5* for their top notch service.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Presidential room. Very nice.
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Our stay was entirely pleasant! The staff at this hotel was very professional, courteous and friendly. This hotel is conveniently located where you can walk to town for restaurants, activities and shopping yet just far enough away so you don't feel like your close to town.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Viking? Share your experiences!