“Thank You Meredith!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Philadelphia
“Thank You Meredith!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I made a quick overnight trip to Newport on our way north and stayed at the Newport Marriott. It's in a good location and the hotel itself is nice. But our trip was made extra special due to the help and planning of Meredith, one of their concierges. She was very friendly, recommended restaurants and made reservations for us. Since it was our first time in Newport, and we only had time for one mansion visit, she recommended The Breakers. We had Saturday night dinner at The Moorings - delish - try their 'bag of donuts'! The next morning we walked some of the Cliff Walk, visited The Breakers and then had a leisurely brunch at the Clark Cook House. Another great meal and wonderful experience in Newport. If we ever get back to Newport, I would not hesitate to stay at this Marriott.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September with my extended family on a Siblings weekend. We all found it very convenient to Restaurants, Shopping, Attractions and Night Life. It was very clean and the service was very prompt and unobtrusive. They have a very Nice Pool and Spa plus a full Workout Facility. The Lobby is quite unique and very Spacious. It also, has all the other amenities you would expect and so, we had a Wonderful experience during our stay and I would recommend it to any travelers.

Room Tip: I would recommend a higher room in order to get the best view of the harbor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed here for several days in November 2013. The hotel is clean and my room was nicely furnished with a comfortable bed. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. My only complaint was the strange layout - I got turned around every time I came off the elevator, even on day four of my stay! The signage in the hallways is not so great.

Bristol Connecticut USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here 10 years ago for a conference and recently stayed again for the same conference. both were a great time. Hotel is clean, in great shape and very nice rooms with great beds. Coffee / gift shop open late with in the hotel and lots of other restaurants and shops nearby. Walking distance to everything including Newport Shipyard with some world class mega yachts to check out (saw Hyperion out of the water).

Room Tip: The rooms have several exposures, some face the water or side streets, some are internal and don'...
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here for a conference, and I'd give the hotel 5 stars for that. I felt our group was very well accommodated. Great location, nice breakout rooms, and we had parking and internet included in our rate. My room was clean and in good shape and the shower pressure was fantastic.
However, I think leisure travelers to the area could do better.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend. Heard great reviews and found a great deal so booked it. We didn't have to touch the car all weekend (we did self-parking in the garage). The staff in the lobby (we first met some valet drivers who were very nice) were great. Check in was quick. I even had called just a few days before our stay and requested a king and got it upon check in. We stayed on the 6th floor with a lobby view, which wasn't a problem for us. I actually liked it because the room stayed dark in the AM; no sun peaking through the sides (this was great for being able to sleep in and rest up). I didn't overly notice the noise of coming and goings from the elvator (which we could see from our room).

The location was fabulous. We were a very quick, short walk to all the shops, bars, and restuarants of Thames Street.

The indoor pool was fabulous. The room was warm and the water was great to jump into. This helped after walking around in the cold & wind. The whirlpool was also a nice addition.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 639 and had a view of the lobby. No interior balcony on our floor or floor 7.
long island, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We spent a weekend here and were not disappointed. We were greeted my Morgan who was both helpful and pleasant. Check in was a breeze and the staff were so kind and accomodating. Our room was clean and had a great view of the harbor. We parked our car on Friday and never saw it again until check-out. The hotel was within walking distance to tons of dining and shopping. The visitor center is next door and many tours leave from there. There is also a trolley that leaves every 20 minutes. For $2 you can ride it up to the mansions and Cliff Walk. They also have a Ghost Tour that leaves from the lobby near the restaurant Fathoms. We ate in the lounge late one night and the food was great. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room... you might get one.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Newport Marriott? Share your experiences!