“Hyatt Regency Newport RI” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Newport
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Hyatt Regency Newport RI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for my second time at Hyatt Regency Newport Rhode Island at 1 Goat Island Rd in Dec 2014. The hotel is ideally located right on the water and looking on the classic Newport Bridge and light house. A half mile walk to classic downtown restaurants and shopping. There is parking on-site but it costs a 20 dollar "resort fee" that gets one "free access" to the hotel gym as well. Hotel gym is among best you find for a hotel like this. Running Newport is absolutely ideal with brilliant opportunities to run along the ocean and wide avenues with famous mansions. This area has some of the best running in the country but wear reflective gear as there is a lot of traffic in summer and spring seasons and since the tourist traffic drops off in the winter and fall, cars can be less attuned to looking out for runners. The first room I was offered was on the fourth floor and the whole floor had a highly toxic odor due to some sort of maintenance work. The smell was even in my room as well. After complaining I was moved right away to a better floor and I no longer noticed the smell until I turned on the heater--which I then shut off. Bed was comfortable but you could tell the mattress was old as it dipped where the majority of previous guests had slept. Room was very clean and bathroom spacious and worked well. Staff was very nice, lobby is beautiful. Overall very worth the winter rate I paid and a very enjoyable stay.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
northenr California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I travelled to New England to visit family and decided to detour to Newport. We spent a night at the Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel on Goat Island. The scenery was beautiful as well as the sunset. Our room was clean and nicely decorated. We took advantage of room service which was prompt and served great food. The “five 33 lounge” on the premises had a nice warm inviting fireplace with comfy seating and great customer service. We had a wonderful bowl of chowder with great drinks as we sat by the fire. We have memories of this night in the selfies we had taken by the fire. Retiring to our room we found the bed to be comfortable and cozy.
I deal with customer service in my job on a daily basis and can be very critical. I found the staff in this hotel to be extremely helpful, courteous and very upbeat. It is nice to know one can still find a hotel with a great bar, great room and food, WITH excellent customer service. Next stay I will use the Spa.I plan on staying again and recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.

Room Tip: try a room overlooking the lighthouse
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel had friendly staff, modern lobby, nice modern rooms, with gorgeous water views. Location can't be beat! Close to shops, restaurants, and mansions. Heated indoor pool; our room was near this, if you want privacy, quiet or need to work, stay away from pool rooms! Had breakfast in the restaurant, homemade omelets, Belgian waffles, great variety and very good. Shuttle service to downtown very convenient. Prices reasonable for the area.

Overall, great experience, and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms near pool loud, ok if you have kids or don't mind the noise.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Once again the staff at the Hyatt delivered a phenomenal experience. We returned for our wedding anniversary last week and were treated like royalty. Ashley in reservations helped make this trip reality with an amazing rate, Kirby and Ashley sent us up a personal note and treat for our anniversary. We had so loved our room during our last visit (a view of everything!! Pool, gardens, Narragansett Bay and the Newport Bridge) that they were able to accommodate us again in the same room!). The manager Scott treated us warmly and always makes us feel welcome and lets us know how much he appreciates our loyalty. I requested extra items for the room one night and they were promptly delivered. My massage by Mary in the Stillwater Spa was unbelievable! And the rewards we earn with each stay elevated us to Platinum level and gives us special things like complimentary breakfast (which is amazing!!) in the restaurant. It is wonderful to return each year (multiple times) and see the same faces still working hard and loyal to the Hyatt - if lets a guest know they take good care of their staff who in turn takes good care of their guests.

Room Tip: Every room has a great view! Try to avoid the ones that overlook the parking garage structure.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in Newport at the Hyatt for only one night. My experience was outstanding. I was very impressed with my room, a jr suite with a view or the bridge and the harbor. I had lunch at the 533 lounge where the staff was very attentive and friendly and the menu was great for lunch. Dinner was outstanding and as a single person at the hotel I was made to feel comfortable. The hotel has the most outstanding views and a property is well maintained and you can see the pride in the property from all the staff I encountered. All in all it is a place I will return with my family and enjoy the summer months.

Room Tip: face the bridge and harbor you cant beat the view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here 3 days after Thanksgiving. Received a great deal online. The Hotel, located on Goat island, is (obviously surrounded by water) Modern and very well maintained. The Staff and Manager were amazingly attentive to our needs. We even asked for a free upgrade and they delivered!
A 15 minute walk over the bridge, or the shuttle service puts you right in the center of town...Shops, restaurants, bars and history are every where. The hotel has a full service restaurant and bar with big screen HDTVs and a warm fireplace.
There was an unexpected surcharge of $20 for shuttle, WIFI etc. The bathroom door, slides to close but doesn't really shut. Little privacy.
Overall a great place for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: ask for a free upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I absolutely loved Newport. The hotel was darling, our view was beautiful, and our weather was perfect. The only downfall was the way I was treated when I was checking-in. When I provided my confirmation number, the receptionist (Melanie) told me that my reservation had been cancelled. This was true, to a certain extent, but I tried to explain that I had cancelled a previous reservation for Nov 7- Nov 9, but then re-booked for Nov 28th-30th. I provided her with my cancellation confirmation and then my re-booking confirmation. She still insisted that my reservation had been cancelled and didn't offer to help nor offer to look into it. She just brushed me aside and told me to call the booking company I used. After I spoke with Kayak, they offered to re-send the confirmation to Melanie directly, which they did in a matter of minutes, and I was able to return to the front desk to check-in. In my opinion, Melanie was completely condescending, rude, and generally unhelpful. It really put a bad taste in my mouth. I even called to speak with a manager a few days later (since I have spent the majority of my life in the service industry, I felt I had to say something) and still no one has returned my call. Really put a damper on the whole trip, sadly.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Newport? Share your experiences!