as a last minute surprise my husband said "let's go away for the night". His plan was to drive to Narranagansett and stay there for the night but, he changed his mind and went kept driving to Newport. I had looked on all of the travel sites and hotel discount websites and did find availability. As we were pulling in I checked the hotel's website and found a better price for the room with a package deal that included a full breakfast (which was absolutely delicious-you can chose between the buffet or a plated breakfast of which there were many scrumptious choices) It's not often that we stay at higher end hotels such as this but but once in a while it's nice treat.
The rooms are very nice and comfortable. Rooms have a small fridge which is great since we brought a cooler with drinks and food for the ride. We didn't book a waterview room but did get one with a view of the Jamestown bridge. Gorgeous setting!
This hotel has a great set up. There is a nice bar/lounge in the lobby as well as a restaurant with a very pretty view of the harbor. Through the lobby is a deck where you can get drinks/food or just sit and relax. Walking down from the deck you see that pool and beyond that an outdoor bar/restaurant (it does close a bit early though, maybe not later in the summer?). There are also two outdoor firepits, one of which was used while we were there.
The bed was comfortable and we had no problems with the water, shower, or water pressue during our stay. The only problem we had was that the layout of the hotel is a bit confusing at first, but not a big deal!
The hotel is on Goat Island and the hotel offers a shuttle to downtown Newport every half hour until Midnight. Such a great service since it's so close but kind of a pain to park at night.
Newport is beautiful any time of year and I would definitely stay at the Hyatt again.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel Newport
- Newport Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Newport
- Newport Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An island retreat, surrounded by water views, just minutes to downtown Newport. 257 elegantly appointed guestrooms. Activities Department, indoor pool and only outdoor hotel pool in Newport, fitness center, full service Stillwater Spa. Van shuttle and seasonal water taxi to heart of Newport. Year round waterfront dining, seasonal restaurant and lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Regency Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.