Spent several nights here in Fall 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed Newport. Lots to see and do for the whole family.
We had several meals at the hotel and really liked the quality and presentation, including a great clam bake with lobster and all the traditional fixings. It was excellent. Also, the location of the hotel is unique with wonderful water views from almost every vantage point. It is close to shopping, the marinas and lots of restaurants.
On the other hand, at check-in our fully prepaid reservation was botched by the hotel staff and we were made to feel very unwelcome. The whole situation was handled badly and management did little to address the problem. To add insult to injury, the room we were given was small and had not been fully cleaned.
Next time in Newport, we will probably try another place.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel Newport
- Newport Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Newport
- Newport Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An island retreat, surrounded by water views, just minutes to downtown Newport. 257 elegantly appointed guestrooms. Activities Department, indoor pool and only outdoor hotel pool in Newport, fitness center, full service Stillwater Spa. Van shuttle and seasonal water taxi to heart of Newport. Year round waterfront dining, seasonal restaurant and lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Amex, Venere, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.