“great picnic gear” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
nyc
“great picnic gear”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

grabbed sandwiches and headed to ocean drive, had an awesome picnic. I love Boars Head and got a huge sandwich . Thanks

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newport, RI
“mighty fine sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

My wife and I have eaten here on a couple of occasions now, and when we happen to pass by at other times, she always comments on how much she enjoyed eating there.

It's mainly a sandwich place, and from what I recall they do breakfast and lunch only, although I can't swear to that. Both times I've been there, it was lunchtime.

As for the food, the sandwiches are very good. Gourmet-type ingredients on various breads, usually in the $5-8 range. Think Panera, but with an upgrade (and I like Panera). Drinks are mainly bottled sodas, waters, and sports drinks, but they also serve fresh-brewed coffee.

I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a great sandwich.