“Hot spot!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 207 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thames Street
Description: Christie's transforms eating-out into a fun, hip and playful modern experience, all at moderate prices and always with great value. From the swing seating, to the outdoor dining, to the Neptune chairs and 20 person communal table, there is a fun spot for everyone to eat, drink and lounge. Christie's serves a menu of traditional New England coastal fare, including our Fried Oyster Po'Boy, Stuffies, Baja Fish Tacos, and lighter options such as our Beet Salad or Heirloom Tomoato Salad. Specialty cocktails, like our gin-based Salty Italian Hound, pair well with any dish and our Maker's Mark Adult Root Beer Float is the perfect way to finish an evening.
“Hot spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sat outside on a warm summer night, the decor is breathtaking, vintage spectacular. Such an amazing space for a possible bridal shower, small wedding rehearsal diner. Didn't eat but had specialty drinks, strong, creative and delicious :)

Visited August 2012

Middletown, Rhode Island
“Amazing Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

What a menu! I was so impressed when I stopped by and asked for the Brunch menu--Red Velvet Pancakes, Croque Madame, and Pork Belly Benedict were all amazing, my girlfriends and I ordered them all and split them, all AWESOME! I don't know if they're under new management of what but my friend and I were here in the summer and the brunch was totally different--this menu is so much better, it's amazing! I highly recommend trying it out for yourselves, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport, Rhode Island
“used to love this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Not a fan of the remodel. Too Jersey Shore now, unfortunately. And they got rid of the awesome shoestring fries they used to have.

Visited August 2012
New Jersey
“great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I made a reservation for this restaurant for a Friday night in the summer. We were a bit skepticle when we arrived for our 6:30pm reservation and we were the only ones in the restaurant.

After we had our food we realized that we made a good choice and that others' were missing out. The service was great and the food was very good for what they were serving. The lobster roll and New England clam chowder were both great.

Visited July 2012
Newport, Rhode Island
“One word....."DELICIOUS"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had the pleasure of dining at Christie's while they were holding their first annual beer pairing menu this past Thursday evening. I frequent Christie's quite often, but on this evening, it was going to be my first experience to see what new Chef, Charlie Hamilton, had up his culinary sleeve. After reviewing the menu, I was certainly anxious to get started. 4 courses, each paired with a phenomenal selection of beer from Berkshire Brewing Company and I was instantly a fan of this weekly Thursday night event. From the beet salad to the shrimp with roasted pepper cream sauce to the braised lamb rib over crispy polenta and chipotle carrots to the perfectly cooked and seasoned coffee beer marinated salmon, every course was well presented and executed splendidly. On top of the food, the service was exceptional, the bartender, Michael, was hospitable and knowledgable and the General Manager, Kat, went above and beyond to make everyone comfortable. In addition, the roasted pumpkin vodka martini to finish off the evening is the best cocktail I have had in Newport. I can't wait to head back for next Thursday night's event. Hope to see you there.

• Visited October 2012