“Problems with nice location” 3 of 5 stars

Inns on Bellevue
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   30 Bellevue Ave., Newport, RI 02840   |
Ranked #56 of 100 Newport B&B and Inns
Denville, New Jersey
“Problems with nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nice room in a great location with a good breakfast, but no hotwater or water pressure in shower. Brought to their attention on Saturday at breakfast...no fix. Same problem on Sunday. Promised to call us later after we left to apologize etc...no call or follow up of any kind.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was a wonderful choice for our weekend getaway. The staff was so friendly and the ambiance quite hospitable. Loved the Blueberry pancakes. Great location. just what we expected and more. Will definitely return and recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoughton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is my second year staying here for the Newport St. Patty's Day parade and I love this place! The location and price speak for themselves but the staff and the complimentary full breakfast are amaze-balls!!! Stay here if you are in the area & you will not be sorry

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We came for a getaway prior to Christmas and had a wonderful time. Paul and Robin were lovely hosts, very friendly and gave us lots of ideas on what to do around town. The room was very nicely decorated and the bed quite comfortable. They offered a full hot breakfast each morning, really good food and quite satisfying. We love the location of this Inn and how close it was to shops for Christmas shopping. We will be back!!

• Stayed December 2012
innsonbellevue, General Manager at Inns on Bellevue, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Well, what a nice review of our Inns. Robin and I always enjoy hearing feedback from our guests, and will certainly share your comments with all of our staff. When your travel plans bring you back to Newport, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, and I will be happy to personally handle your reservations.

Regards,
Paul W, Galluscio
General Manager, Inns on Bellevue
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was my third time staying here. The prior two times were great. We went out to dinner and got back to the room about 10 pm. We found some mice had ripped open a bag of candy and almonds and had their dinner as well. There was rodent feces all over our stuff on the counter. We immediately packed our stuff up and headed across the street to the Viking. Called Inns on Bellevue's phone number and only got voice mail. Left a descriptive message and never got a reply! At about 9 am I walked across the street and talked to Paul who said he just got my message. Refunded my payment and offered me breakfast at the Inn. But no compensation for the different room rates. What a disappointment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Whitestone, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Staying at the Inn on Bellevue is always a good time. I write this as I am sitting down to breakfast in the parlor. This is my third visit to this inn, and it just does not disappoint. While I can talk about the great location or the great value, it really is the staff that brings me back each time. Robin, Gino, Tania, just like family. While I do not have a future visit planned to Newport, I know I will be staying here when I co have a chance to come back. .

Room Tip: Rooms in front of face the Hotel Viking, which I think is a great view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
innsonbellevue, General Manager at Inns on Bellevue, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Well, Irene, it is always our pleasure to have you stay with us. I have always said "A guest visits, but a friend returns!" My staff and I always look forward to seeing you, and we look forward to seeing you again when your travel plans bring you back to Newport.
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Paul was great!!! Great Time! Would stay there again!! Room was comfortable. Food was good. Location was PERFECT!! Excellent breakfast and friendly staff. Everyone was friendly, and very hospitable. Definitely a great overall experience, perfect for a family get-together.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Jacqueline, for sharing your experience with others. It is truly appreciated, and I will be sure to share this review with our staff.

Regards,
Paul Galluscio

Been to Inns on Bellevue? Share your experiences!