Just came from a weekend stay in Newport at the Architect's Inn. Beautiful Victorian inn (built 1873) with nicely appointed rooms. We stayed in the Perry Suite which was two rooms and a beautiful private bathroom. I had an opportunity to see two other rooms - and each looked really nice.
The innkeepers were really helpful with their knowledge of Newport and made great recommendations when we were undecided about how and where to spend the few days we had.
Being an historic property, the owners ask you not to wear shoes inside the house - so it might be helpful to know to bring slippers or something - but I was not at all put off by this and once you see the beautiful floors in the house, you'll no longer wonder why they ask this of guests.
Since parking at the mansions in town is plentiful and they are fairly far from the inn, it's advisable to drive to the mansions, but then park at the house for dinner in town as parking is difficult - and expensive. The walk back to the house is short - and beautiful.
Breakfast each morning was delicious and they offered a selection of juices and coffee / hot water for tea.
Really enjoyed our stay in Newport - and I'd highly recommend the Architect's Inn. I checked other places on the island and they were outrageously expensive. This was a really nice place to stay, very comfortable and a great value for the quality of the house, rooms and breakfast each morning.
- Also Known As:
- Architects Inn - George Champlin Mason House Hotel
- Architects Inn - George Champlin Mason House Hotel Newport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- History, Art, Architecture and Antiques adorn this fabulous Guesthouse. Located directly in the center of Newport in the sophisticated "Top of the Hill" neighborhood where the oldest mansions are still thriving as private homes. This mansion has quaint tourist rooms to large gorgeous romantic rooms. Something for everyone and a great breakfast to make your trip perfect. Massage therapists can come to your room for a relaxation session. Wireless printer and WiFi make it great for working while you enjoy tea in your room or on the verandah. The Innkeepers are born Rhode Islanders who can advise you to all the best restaurants that are off the beaten path. In the shoulder season, become a child again and play in Interactive Murder Mystery Weekends (all inclusive) where you are a character that gets wrapped up in a crazy, murderous plot as if you were in the movie Clue. Whatever the occasion, this Inn will sure be leaving an impression and warm memories to share with friends and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Architect's Inn - George Champlin Mason House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.