My husband and I came to Newport for our first visit on Sat, March 16, expecting a quiet off season weekend. To our surprise, we arrived in the morning amidst thousands of revelers who had come to imbibe and to watch the St Patrick's day parade which was held a day early. We checked in the Francis Malbone House and immediately loved its genteel and serene atmosphere. Our room was absolutely charming, as were all of the sitting rooms where we could relax and avoid the crowds. Although it is located right on Thames Street, on the parade route, the inn felt like a haven.
We were also delighted by the plentiful afternoon "tea". On that Saturday we could savor Irish stew, cheese fondue, and many delicious pastries. Theses generous offerings were repeated at breakfast time, when it addition to lovely scones, muffins, fruit and yogurt, we enjoyed wonderful eggs Benedict.
We loved every minute of our stay at the inn and will be back as soon as possible.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Malbone House Hotel Newport
- Francis Malbone House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Colonial Mansion in the heart of downtown Newport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Francis Malbone House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.