We had the most wonderful weekend in Newport while staying at the Marhsall Slocum Inn. The innkeeper, Joan, is very nice and treats you like family. Maybe this is a turn off to some people, but we loved it.
The room we stayed in was nicely furnished and decorated. The dining room downstairs is also very nice. The furniture in the living room (with the TV) is a little dated, but it is very comfortable and no different than what most people have in their own homes.
Joan offered very good suggestions about restaurants and things to do. Everyone during our stay who took her suggestions as to where to dine was very happy.
My husband was not too excited about staying in a B&B, but he said he loved it and we would DEFINITELY stay here again.
This is not the Ritz Carlton, but it was one of the most enjoyable places we have ever stayed.
- Also Known As:
- Marshall Slocum Guest House Hotel
- Marshall Slocum Guest House Hotel Newport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Historic Top of the Hill district and just minutes away from Newport Harbor, the mansions, and beaches, the Marshall Slocum Guest House is a five room bed and breakfast that has been meticulously preserved to it's original 1855 charm. Join us for exquisite breakfasts, wonderful lobster dinners and five star service while touring the beautiful city of Newport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Marshall Slocum Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.