“A fantastic weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Victoria Skylar Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
The Victoria Skylar Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 101 Newport B&B and Inns
ny
“A fantastic weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

As soon as me and my husband arrived we knew it was going to be a great weekend. The BnB was beautiful outside and spotless inside. The inn keepers ann and derek were very helpful with local activities and restaurants, but breakfast at the inn was better than anything else! it was worth the price and truly enjoyable. a really beautiful place...

Room Tip: the hunter and slater rooms are cozy and private
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I went to Newport, RI for our babymoon recently, and I relied on tripadvisor (of course) to sift through the dozens and dozens of B&B's in the area. The more I read through the reviews, the more I knew the Victoria Skylar was for us!

The Inn itself is wonderful - everything from the architecture, to the accomodations, to (especially!) the food was simply superb! Ann and Derek were such fantastic hosts, and were a pleasure to converse with and get to know throughout our weekend there.

The breakfasts were truly AMAZING - my wife and I agreed that both mornings were amongst the BEST breakfasts we've ever had! The scones, waffles, and eggs were delightful, along with the vast array of breads, fruits, juices, and breakfast meats! I can't stress enough how delicious and amazing breakfast was each morning - you will not be disappointed!! I read through the reviews beforehand thinking "can the breakfasts really be that good?" Well let me tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt they sure are!

Ann also did an amazing job with gathering a flower arrangement and having snacks and the specific type of sparkling water on hand for my pregnant wife! Ann and Derek also helped out with daily activities, including providing a pass to visit the mansions.

Overall, it was a fantastic time at a truly AMAZING B&B - I highly recommend the Victoria Sklyar to anybody that's traveling to the area!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stowe, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

What a terrific B & B, from the Innkeepers to the immaculate rooms to the AMAZING delightful breakfasts... You need to stay here. This is close to everything yet set back far enough you don't get caught in the hustle and bustle of the Americas Cup Strip... You'll not have to eat lunch since the breakfast Ann makes will last you through!! A+++++

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I cannot believe how lucky we were to find this gem of a B&B. We attended the Newport Folk Festival and decided we wanted to stay within walking distance to the ferry and to downtown Newport. Not only was this so easily located for both (less than a 10 minute walk to the ferry and just few more blocks to the heart of downtown Newport), Ann and Derric made this trip so incredibly memorable. The breakfasts they serve are stellar (like 5 star, gourmet stellar). The Victoria Skylar is the very definition of hospitable. One night we returned to the B&B just as a monstrous rain storm started and Ann very kindly offered us some delicious wine and food to pass the time with. Also, price-wise you really can't beat it (the Marriott down the street was almost a $100 more a night we learned.) The accommodations are very cozy and welcoming (the bed was incredibly comfortable) and the inn is perfectly situated close to the water for a morning stroll. It is also incredibly close to the bridge so it is very easy to get in and out of the area if you decide to venture outside of Newport (we went across the bridge to Jamestown for dinner one night - highly recommend since it is much less crowded). We will absolutely be staying here again next year!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Every detail about this B&B has been thoughtfully executed. Conveniently located near all Newport has to offer yet tucked away in a quiet area. We have stayed here 3 times and the accommodations have always been very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is a gourmet delight and is beautifully presented. The garden is enchanting and provides bouquets throughout the inn. The hostess and host, Ann and Derek are warm, friendly, and helpful and have an excellent knowledge of Newport. We go to Newport twice a year and will continue to stay at the Victoria Skylar Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bloomfield, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Two weeks ago, my wife and I stayed at this beautifully furnished B & B--actally, it was our second visit. It was, as usual great. To begin with, it is immaculate and tasteful. Then there's the wonderful breakfast, the home-baked pastries, and the gourmet-level food that follows. I've stayed in many B & Bs but have never met more thoughtful, informative, and friendly hosts than Ann and Derrick. We've already made our reservations for September!

Room Tip: All the rooms are terrific.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I just returned from my second stay at this elegant and comfortable inn. Ann and Derek are warm and friendly. Not one detail is overlooked and Ann's Breakfasts.........well, they are a 3 course delight with Ann's delicious baked goods being a standout. I have stayed in many B & Bs in Europe and America but will return to this one again and again. It feels like home. I highly recommend a visit. You will love this home.

Fran H.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Victoria Skylar Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!