“The Time Of Our Lives” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 101 Newport B&B and Inns
Utah
“The Time Of Our Lives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

My husband and I had the most wonderful stay at the Newport Blues Inn, located in Newport RI in May of this year 2008.
We have never stayed at a B&B before, but this one was outstanding! The rooms were emmaculate, the staff was utmost professional and very accommodating to us. The breakfast was delicious. It felt just like being at home. Thanks again for a welcoming stay and we'll be making plans to visit again.

• Liked — warm, friendly accommodations

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

We recently visited Newport, Rhode Island, & stayed at the Newport Blues Inn. The management & staff were very friendly, the accomodations were great (very comfortable bed), & the breakfast's were delicious & different every day. I would recommend The Newport Blues Inn to anyone who wants to stay at a home away from home.

• Liked — Friendliness, comfort & good food.
  • Disliked — I can't think of any.
maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

What a terrible disappointment. I was welcomed by someone on a cell phone who gestured me into my room and mouthed a few things to me while holding the cell phone still to her ear. Breakfast was of very poor quality and the breakfast "galley" opens into a business office where you can see the workers sitting with their feet up and talking about who will go to do the "[--] [--] with the guests" at that nights' wine and cheese reception. Then our dirty dishes were stacked and in the same moment the hands went to take more muffins out of a muffin tin to put out. No class, no graciousness, no charm. For $250 a night I want it to be better than home not worse.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ppeck, General Manager at Newport Blues Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2008
As General Manager of the Newport Blues Inn, I personally take great pride along with our entire NBI family, in seeing the 149 wonderful reviews by you, our guests, who speak of the amazing times spent together with us here at the Newport Blues Inn. How gratifying it is to hear when we have made such a positive impact on your vacation that you take the time to enter a very complimentary review for us.

However, here I find myself unfortunately responding to our first review that is of the opposite nature. I find myself both very upset over the comments that describe a stay experience unlike any of our other reviews and unlike our Inn and family team entirely, and so I must admit it confuses me as well.

I've always learned though that all feedback is great feedback and I'm so very thankful to have the opportunity to not only know when we have gone above and beyond, but also hear when there is need for improvement as this review has pointed out, and make any changes necessary to ensure that it's never repeated.

Thank you so much for reading and writing reviews as guests of the Newport Blues Inn. Your wonderful comments, (and constructive feedback as well), allow us to always raise the bar in continuing to provide a get-away experience that aims to exceed your vacation expectations!

Lisa, Garry and the entire Newport Blues Inn Family

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

I had booked a room at the Pearls of Newport on Expedia about a month in advance, but upon arrival was told that there was no record of my reservation (even though my credit card had been charged) and that no other rooms were available. Given that it was a long weekend (Memorial Day) I was worried about not finding other accomodations, but thankfully the Newport Blues Inn which is just a few doors up had a vacancy sign. I stopped in to inquire about the rooms and was greeted by Mary, who is very gracious and sweet. We ended up taking the Emerald Suite at the Jewels and loved it. The room is large and beautifully appointed, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom luxurious. Everyone we encountered at the Newport Blues was very friendly and helpful. I asked Gary for recommendations on activities, etc. at breakfast and he was amazing. Overall we had a great time and would definitely return to the property on our next visit.

• Liked — Customer service, beautiful room, great location
  • Disliked — none
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

It was a cold dreary day when we arrived in Newport. I was expecting a twee new England B&B with fake friendliness. I was wrong. Because they were empty they immediately upgraded us to a suite. Brilliant. The bedroom was lovely - no Victoriana in sight. You did need a ladder to get to the bed! The bathroom was first class with wonderful condiments.
Breakfasts were superb. The housekeeper cooked brilliant scrambled eggs and omelets. There was really good fresh fruit salad (wow, it was fresh!) and lovely corn bread. A real winner - just a shame about the weather

• Liked — Breakfast!!!!
  • Disliked — A long way to good restaurants
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

stayed at the newport blues for my family reunion in august. and I have to admitt that I am not a big fan of B&B'S, but the Newport Blues B&B has changed my mind. what a wonderful place, great host's and we could walk anywhere we needed to go. less than 2 blocks from the downtown area. I would tell anyone that this is the place to stay while in Newport.

• Liked — feeling of being at home
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2008

Loved the Inn! We've stayed in several places in Newport but rank this the best! Lovely room, linens, soaps, etc.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Newport Blues Inn? Share your experiences!