“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 55 Activities in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Gansett Cruises - Harbor Tours, Sunset Cruises and Private Charters from Newport Harbor, Rhode Island. Cruise in Comfort Aboard M/V Gansett and enjoy a 90 minute narrated harbor tour with a complimentary Rhode Island taste treat. On your Gansett cruise you'll break away from the typical rushed harbor tour to offer a quiet, relaxing and delightful historic cruise through Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay's East Passage on our comfortably cushioned and sun-shaded deck, or our top 'sunny side' deck. Our guides are enthused to share the legends and rich history of the famous "city by the sea" - home of the legendary America's Cup 12 meter boats and gilded-age mansions.
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just wanted to let you know what a great job the crew did taking care of our special needs girl (11 years old dog).

This is the first time we've used Gansett and both my husband and I were very please!! We especially appreciate the care, we could not be more happy with the service.

The Gansett is on the top of my list now, excellent tour all around!

Visited August 2012
RIJohn, Guest Relations Manager at Gansett Cruises, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Your review is most appreciated Barry. We’re delighted to hear that you, your wife and pet enjoyed your time aboard the Gansett and that you appreciated the service provided by our dedicated crew. As perhaps you know, we’re the only fully narrated 90 minute tour of Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay. Come back and tour with us again!

Kensington, CT
12 attraction reviews
“Nice boat ride”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The tour started 5min late, back more than 10min early & then end of the tour was filler. If you sit in the front you cannot hear the tour guide speaking. In the description it specifically states drinks and snacks. Only one small cup was served. No snacks were made available. The captain seemed a bit upitty and did not say anything to the passengers on the tour.

Visited September 2012
Thanks for your review – feedback from our passengers is always most appreciated. Rarely does the Gansett leave the dock late and usually because confirmed passengers have phoned to say they will be delayed for a few minutes. This is the first we heard that if you sit in the bow of the boat you cannot hear the tour guide, as we have speakers throughout the boat. Perhaps it was a windy day on the bay? As our website says, our afternoon treats include complimentary choice of three local favorites: Del's Lemonade, Coffee “Cabinet” Shake, or Warwick Ice Cream while our sunset cruise includes a complimentary Quahog “Stuffie" and Champagne Toast. Other beverages are for sale at a very reasonable cost. Our captain’s focus is always on navigating the boat safely while our guide provides a historical commentary of the many sites in the harbor and bay. We hope you come back again to enjoy a cruise on the Gansett.
Sterling, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
“Great tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was very enjoyable and informative curse of Newport RI. Would definitely recommend. Staff were very friendly.

Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Nice boat ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I took my boyfriend from Canada who has never been to RI before. It was a good cruise. I was a bit unimpressed at the beginning when they only had 7 people but needed 8 people to take off (though I had called just an hour before to ask if they had enough people and was told 'yes'). I was also a bit upset that I was told I should go another time because I had a groupon and was costing them to run the cruise. I feel that they shouldn't have done groupons if they could not afford it. But once we got enough people and got on the boat it was very enjoyable. It was a beautiful day and we learned a lot about the history and the boats around the harbor, many of which I have seen many times and had never known the story behind them. The tour guide got some of the facts wrong, which the captain corrected as the tour was going on. I was a little put off by the captain who was on his cell phone for the entire ride while driving the boat. The rest of the tour was great and we had some great RI snacks.

Visited August 2012
RIJohn, Guest Relations Manager at Gansett Cruises, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thanks for joining us aboard the Gansett Olivia. We’re delighted you and your boyfriend had a great time learning about Newport’s history and the boats in the harbor while enjoying the Gansett's “RI snacks.”

We apologize for any confusion regarding the Groupon certificates but glad your trip got underway on schedule. Our captain often needs to stay on the phone to determine weather, docking issues, etc. and is sometimes more current regarding the changing harbor scene than the tour guides regarding new arrivals and departures of boats in the harbor.

Please come back again to enjoy another day on the Gansett!
Newport, Rhode Island, United States
“Beautiful Sunset Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am a local newporter and have had the pleasure of going on board many of the tour boats we have available. The Gansett is on the top of my list! I lucked out and had a beautiful night with a bright orange sunset which was great for photographs. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. They were also very personable and knew how to make the trip fun. The stuffie was delicious and I highly recommend the Del's lemonade with vodka!