“Enjoyable dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
San Jose, California
“Enjoyable dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We tried this restaurant by chance when other places were too busy and had enjoyable meals. The pasta dishes and pizza were excellent, service friendly and prices reasonable given the location. I'd certainly go back!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Franklin MA
“Fair at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were disappointed with our lunch at the Gas Lamp. The
Place was busy but the staff was energetic. We ordered double mojitos which were expensive and seemed to be lacking any rum at all. Plenty of mint and lime and ice but they were very weak drinks. The calamari appetizer was plentiful but was soggy and greasy. The ahi tuna was not bad but a small portion. Everything else was not memorable at all. Not a place to which we will return.

East Hartford, CT
“Consistently Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We ate dinner here twice. Although the tables at the front are open to the sidewalk, there is little noise from the street. We were seated against the wall in one of the two rows opposite the bar. They have a varied menu and a decent selection of draft beers.The first time there, I left a camera on the table and didn't realize it until we got back to our lodgings. I called and they had retrieved it and said it would be at the bar. When I returned, the bartender joked, "It must have been the Loose Cannons!" On our second visit, I had a spinach salad with salmon. Unlike some of the other restaurants in town, they had the wild caught variety (which is the only kind I eat) and it was cooked properly. My wife had a fried fish sandwich, which she also enjoyed. I'd go back again without hesitation.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Smithfield, Rhode Island
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I had our first date here 5 years ago. It has always been a very special place to us. Unfortunately, we have moved a little further than we would like. We dont get to eat here often, but when we do, we really enjoy it. Ive had the lobster burger... OMG! Amazing! I definately recommend trying this little gem.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great restaurant in Newport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Been to the Gas Lamp many times over the past 4 years. Never was I ever disappointed. Always a great meal, great scene, summer/winter just the same, reasonable prices, great service and even a 2nd floor. Always a good time.

• Visited July 2013