“My first time sailing:)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 47 activities in Newport
Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Oceanside, New York
“My first time sailing:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

This boat and crew were fabulous! We sailed, didn't use the motor at all:)
Chris and the crew were fun, helpful, funny, polite, and showed us a marvelous time.
Very relaxing, 1 and 1/2 hour cruise.

East Islip, New York
8 attraction reviews
“Good but it is hard to hear the Historic part”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

My friends and I went on the Dark and Stormy tour on 4th of July. It was a nice time of day in the early evening. The sail boat is really nice. Drinks are only a $1, so some people do turn it into a booze cruise.

The sailing was great and it gives you a great view of the Harbor. BUT the captain does not wear a mic, so unless you sit by him you do not hear anything he says on a windy and crowded day. I inquired with one of the staff and she said it doesn't fit in with the boat to have people wear headphones... I have been on many tours and the captain always has a mic.

The girl did then stay with us and give us a nice tour of the Harbour. She was very knowledgeable and it made the experience better. Otherwise I would have just looked at the Mansions and not known who lived there or what the different areas were.

The sailing itself was wonderful!

Nottingham, NH
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful, wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband, two teenage boys and myself went on the Schooner Adirondack II - Dark and Stormy cruise of Newport Harbor last Saturday, June 26,2010. It was fabulous. The captain and his entire crew were very kind, knowledgeable of the area and accomodating. They made sure everyone had a drink of choice, water, soda, beer, wine or dark & stormy. They gave everyone blankets when it got a little chilly and entertained us with stories of the sites of Newport Harbor as well as the Schooner. The boat was beautiful and comfortable, all sails raised was breathtaking and everyone was able to relax and enjoy their time on the water. I highly recommend if you are in Newport.

Cedaredge, Colorado
“The Most Amazing Trip Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Our family took a sunset sail with the Adirondack II ,out of Key West Florida, and it could be the most fun I've ever had in my whole life. It was a little windy that evening so we went out into the waves and I had a permanent smile on my face for hours afterwards. It started with $1 drinks, shrimp and a cheese platter.
We had several ships to choose from and thank goodness we picked these guys. We blasted past all the others as the cameras flashed on us. I hope to ride again someday.
If you miss out on this, you made a huge mistake.
20,000,000 thumbs up!!!!!! Love, The Eckhart Family, Cedaredge, Colorado

London, United Kingdom
“Sunset Cruise on Adirondack II”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

We had a great time on the Adirondack II just a few days ago. The water was a little rough, but the sunset was amazing, the crew was very friendly and attentive. We brought our own dinner and had the drinks served aboard the boat. I would definitely recommend this tour, the pictures were amazing!