“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
cape cod
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We are from the cape and go to Newport for both work and pleasure.. We have been staying with ray for a few years and he always makes us feel like family. The location is prime, the rooms awesome and everyone there makes you feel at home. I don't know why anyone would stay anyplace else. We have been to a party there and it's the perfect spot!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hyannis Port, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Such a perfect spot to enjoy downtown Newport! The rooms are very large and extremely comfortable...the owner and staff very accommodating...super safe parking! Historic Newport at its finest! Thank you Ray & staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We decided to stay in Newport last minute and booked a room through the app Hotel Tonight. The rate was good for one night. Pearls is located less than a 5 minute walk from Bannister Wharf, making it an ideal location for walking to restaurants and bars. Our room was on the second floor and nothing special - decor was a little dated, there was some mold above the shower and no door on the bathroom, which seemed strange. We had breakfast on the porch in the morning. They only offered one selection of eggs Benedict but did make me an omelet when I asked. The portions were pretty small. I think there are other, nicer B&B's in Newport for the same price. They hold themselves out as a boutique hotel, although I can't figure out why.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been traveling to Newport for a few years now and every time I stay at Pearls of Newport. I hosted my 50th birthday there and had 35 guests and took over the entire place and Ray did an outstanding job making sure my weekend was perfect! He takes care of every detail and makes me feel like Pearls is my own home. This past weekend Ray hosted 6 of my girl friends for a special weekend to celebrated an upcoming wedding. All of us had such a great time sitting out on patio having our evening cocktails and in the morning enjoying our coffee as Ray provided a delicious all organic breakfast! The accommodations are spacious, tastefully decorated, every detail has been thought of and you feel like you are in your own home. Every time I leave I always know I am coming back no matter what season!

Room Tip: My favorite room is either room 6,7 or 8!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Well intentioned manager, but not what the pictures or description promised.Room missing window shades, no individual shampoo or hand soap, but half-used bottles. Hair dryer so clogged with dust that it barely worked. Windows dirty, ceiling fans did not operate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at the Pearls the week after Memorial Day and had a more than enjoyable experience. The Boutique Hotel certainly captured the history of Newport. The rooms were spacious and vintage with an array of classic artwork and furniture. Ray, the proprietor, had such a vast knowledge of Newport, and over a deliciously served breakfast, would give us suggestion after suggestion of how to make truly enjoy the area. Ray even went out of his way to get us a window table at one of Newport's premier restaurants. The courtyard garden, found behind the 3 Pearls houses was beautifully manicured and was a great spot to enjoy a delicious glass of wine. Overall our stay at The Pearls was fantastic and we hope to stay here again soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here for a night in June booked through HotelsTonight. Owner, Ray, was very accommodating and such an eclectic individual! Offered to cook us our own private breakfast after we had missed the "complimentary window". Highly impressed!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Pearls of Newport? Share your experiences!