“OMG. I am forever ruined by the perfect cheeseburger.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 177 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Newport, Rhode Island
“OMG. I am forever ruined by the perfect cheeseburger.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I've been wanting to try Mission for a while...finally went in for lunch...great location...clean, cute decor...great music...but, let's skip to the cheeseburger I can't stop thinking about...pretty much the best burger I have ever had in my life...it was almost like lunch and dessert, all in one...it was SO good. The french fries are crispy, perfect pieces of heaven disguised as fries. I LOVE this place...also, really awesome beer selection...will definitely go back!!!!!! Don't listen to anyone who didn't give this place 5 stars...they clearly have something wrong with their taste buds. Great service...all around, this is an awesome place to eat in Newport!!!

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Very good burgers and fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Very good burgers and fries. All made to order while you wait. The place is not much in the way of traditional seating. But in our case, that was a good thing because we were all hungry and tired, and didn't want to sit through a long, drawn out meal. Just wanted to eat quickly and move on. We got what we wanted. I would go back again.

Visited August 2014
Potomac, Maryland
“GO HERE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

If you are reading this review, you probably travel a good bit and have learned to trust trip advisor reviews. They are not like Yelp and other reviews. Trip advisor reviews are really thankful when someone steers them to a great place and feel obligated to extend the favor. Well Mission is that kind of find. My daughter and I were starving and looking for a great burger. We had been eating too much seafood and were craving a burger. This place has amazing burgers, maybe the best burger ever. The fries are equally good and I'm very picky because I hardly ever waste calories on fries. The parking can be tricky. The service is friendly and quick. If you just want a quick fun spot to pick up lunch, head over to Mission and enjoy a burger that you won't forget.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport, Rhode Island
“Second try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

We love TSK so we decided to give it a second try. Positive: I think they use quality ingredients and it is well cooked. But in my opinion the burger does not have a lot of flavor. The burger is soft to bite into but there is no texture contrast. The components do not enhance the overall burger. This is the second time the order did not come as we ordered it. Also, the cole slaw is not the traditional kind. And for me was not my favorite.

New York
“When you are tired of seafood...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

... Try this 'shack'! Mission serves excellent burgers, very good fries and tasty local beers in a cozy non touristy atmosphere (big wood tables, rustic furnishings). Super friendly staff. There are very few tables so you will most likely enjoy your burger at a communal high table. These are craft burgers not oversized burgers. The menu clearly states that all burgers will be cooked medium, let them know if you want it cooked differently. I will do Mission burgers again when back to Newport (I might actually do it again tonight).

Visited August 2014