“Beautiful Harbor Views!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wellington Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newport
Wellington Resort
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Newport
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Beautiful Harbor Views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed at the Wellington for two nights on our anniversary vacation in Newport and loved it. The view of the harbor from our balcony was beautiful. It was pricey, but it was impressive. The unit had a bedroom, kitchen, living room, bathroom and in suite washer/dryer. The unit was immaculate, the bed was comfortable. Allie checked me in and was outstanding in her courteous and efficient way in which she handled all questions. We loved having breakfast with a gorgeous view of the harbor. The unit was updated and the whole complex showed evidence of care and excellent maintenance. The only negative was the bathroom was a bit small and on checkout I had to strip the beds and pack up the garbage and put it in the downstairs receptacle. No big deal, but that is why I didn't give it a 5. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool. The indoor pool was crowded with lots of children on the day we were there so it was not conducive to adult swimming (you know: splashing, screaming, diving for balls--they were being kids). Beautiful outdoor pool. One block from town. No restaurant or lounge on facility grounds but you can walk to restaurants quite easily. All in all-- a wonderful destination hotel. We loved staying here.

Room Tip: You will pay much more for a harbor view, but for us it was well worth it. If you can afford it, g...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at the Wellington Resort this past weekend with 13 other girls for a bachelorette party. We booked two rooms and had more than enough space for everyone. The rooms are not only spacious but very clean and while not super modern, they have everything you need. All rooms have beautiful ocean views and easy access to a nice pool area.

Most importantly, the service was outstanding. During the planning process, Matty was very accommodating and while we were there, he ran out to take pictures of the whole group for us, and generally made the whole stay pleasant. Additionally, I realized I lost my phone and Matty and the cleaning crew dug through dirty laundry to find my phone, which I had left on the bed. They went out of the way to find it, which was much appreciated.

Overall, I would recommend the Wellington for large parties of friends but also for families as well. They keep the atmosphere appropriate for both.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We love staying at the Wellington. The spacious layout of the suites with two full baths, the views, lush grounds, helpful/courteous staff and awesome local make for the best vacation experience. Newport has been one of our vacation destinations for several years. Purchasing a timeshare at the beautiful Wellington Resort a few years ago was a dream come true. When family and friends visit they always comment on how lucky we are to own our little piece of heaven.
If looking for someplace to stay with family or friends for a night, a week or more take a look at what the Wellington has to offer. Recently we were made an offer to purchase our timeshare by some entrepreneurs who own several local and international properties. We said no - we want to keep coming back to our little piece of paradise.

Room Tip: Every unit has a water view. Higher floors have best view - elevators in every building.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I read several reviews of the Wellington Resort in Newport, RI. Some were good & some were awful!
I have to say that I have been a timeshare owner at this resort for 20 years. I have watched the upkeep & repairs they have done every year & must say, the resort has done an excellent job. I love this resort. They had some unexpected environmental issues that were totally beyond their control a few years ago & as a result, they have not been able to resurface the tennis court. So if you're a tennis buff, this wouldn't be a good destination for you right now but if you want a scenic water view resort with nice accommodations & nice amenities, at a reasonable price, within walking distance to the wharfs & restaurants, this is the place for you.
We go to this resort every year with friends & can honestly say that we hate to leave & look forward to returning every year.
Trust me when I tell you that I'm pretty fussy about where I stay
& the Wellington is great!
Recently, someone offered to buy our week @ the Wellington & I can tell you that we have absolutely NO desire to sell.
Building #'s 3 & 4 have the best views but no stoves. The local fire code doesn't allow for stoves in the weekly rentals. Only the quarter share units (people who own 13 weeks per year) have stoves. But, every unit has a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, dishwasher, toaster oven & electric frying pan.
Try this resort, I think you'll like it!

• Stayed August 2013
Elmont, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I exchanged through RCI for this resort and were pleased to have been able to get a 2-bedroom 2-bathrrom unit for the beginning of October. Being after the "in season" the resort was very quiet, perfect for relaxing. We brought friends who also fell in love with it. It's location is perfect - at the quieter end of town but was in very easy walking distance of everything. The Wellington is very well maintained, the staff totally friendly and full of information. There is no onsite restaurant but everything is right outside your door. The unit itself was very spacious with a beautiful vew of Newport Harbor and gorgeous sunsets. We would absolutely return if we were lucky enough to get an exchange opportunity. This was a perfect time to visit Newport - no huge crowds.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We actually had a reservation issue at another place, so the desk clerk called here and they got us a room.
The staff was very friendly when we arrived. Very helpful with local info.
We got a one bedroom for over $200, pretty pricey. Especially for the time of year. However, we were stuck and needed a place to stay the night.
The place was spacious and clean. We had a balcony in the living area as well as in the bedroom. The bed was not comfortable at all. Very hard. They did not provide any toiletries. I think for the price they should have.
I would consider this place for a timeshare if they would correct these things.
I love the fact that you can park right outside your building and you have an elevator that goes straight to your room, limiting the traffic.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Northern NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to Newport for a short fall weekend at the very last minute and were pleasantly surprised to be able to use our RCI membership to find a place. The Wellington resort is a well-maintained property close to everything. Our unit was spacious and very clean with lots of amenities. They do not supply shampoo, conditioner, body lotion starters which is a little weird. The night front desk person who checked us in was terrific. She supplied lots of info and advice and also had menus and maps for us. Overall our stay was very pleasant and we would return to this property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wellington Resort? Share your experiences!