“A wonderful B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 100 Newport B&B and Inns
Corning, New York
“A wonderful B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We just spent two nights at Almondy Inn in Newport and had a wonderful stay. We visit Newport often and were looking for a B&B we hadn't tried yet. The Almondy's location is perfect for walking around town. We just parked our car at the Inn and walked to nearby restaurants and shops. Our room was very comfortable. Although it was small it did not feel cramped at all. Windows on three sides let in lots of light. The bed was comfortable and the linens were very high quality. The common areas on the first floor are tastefully furnished and decorated. The innkeeper is very gracious and a wonderful cook. My husband can be a little picky when it comes to breakfast foods, but Evelyne was creative and indulged him with cranberry pancakes one morning and croque monsoir the next. I offered to have the same thing to make it a little easier, but she wouldn't have it. You can tell she really enjoys taking care of her guests. We will definitely be returning to Almondy Inn when we visit Newport again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Almondy, Owner at Almondy Inn, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Nice to read you enjoyed your stay with us. These beautiful reviews help us tremendousely. Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Like many of you, I spent time Googling, and checking Yelp and Trip Advisor to find the perfect place. I had never been to Newport before so I wasn't sure where this place was in relation to all the local hangouts. I also had never been to a bed & breakfast before so I didn't know what to expect. The location and property were absolutely perfect!! At the bottom of the street are plenty of bars, restaurants, and shopping. Around the corner is the Museum of Newport History and the Newport Art Museum. The mansions are closeby as well. My boyfriend and I were looking for a relaxing place with a fireplace and a jacuzzi tub so we booked the Burgundy Suite. It couldn't have been more perfect!! There are 5 rooms total with the Burgundy Suite being on the 1st floor and the other 4 rooms being on the 2nd floor. Evelyn serves breakfast between 8:30 and 10 and it was amazing. 1st day we had eggs florentine with bacon, an english muffin, and fresh fruit. She also had chocolate croissants, OJ, tea, water, and coffee. After breakfast we all went our separate ways and made it back for wine and cheese hour from 5-6. We really hit it off with the other people who were staying there and stayed talking for awhile longer. Don't feel you have to mingle if you don't want to. One couple came in, grabbed a glass of wine, and took it up to their room. It is a very laid back, casual atmosphere. When we had come back to our room, our bed had been made and our towels refreshed. The next morning we had a chorizo and cheese omlette, fresh fruit, and a biscuit. You can tell Evelyn really enjoys what she does. The house is decorated beautifully and she really puts in a lot of time to make this place warm, cozy, and inviting! Evelyn has definitely set the bar very high for my future stays at B&B. We loved it so much, we are already calling it our place and are planning a trip back in the summer! (Note: I figured since this place was a B&B and not a chain hotel they wouldn't have soap, shampoo, lotion, and a hairdryer but I was wrong. There are also water bottles in the room.)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Almondy, Owner at Almondy Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. So glad you had a good time at the Inn. The group of guests last weekend was indeed wonderfull, and it seems you all had fun in Newport. Hope you come back soon!
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is my first bed&breakfast place and I love it! Everlyn and Herber are the sweetest owners and full of suggestions too. Breakfasts is fabulous there because everlyn puts her heart into her cooking.

So I booked the blue bay book for new year eve and since its my first time, I wasn't sure of what to expect. I wasn't disappointed at all. The place is beautiful and cozy. its great and close by everything. I love it! There's parking in the back and side of the house too so I didn't have to look for parking.

Alot of Restaurants are walking distance so there's plenty to choose from. I will be back!!

Almondy, Owner at Almondy Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
So glad your first B&B experience was a good one. Hopefull there will be many more to come. It was a pleasure hosting you at the Inn.
Glastonbury CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I just spent a lovely 3 night 4 day at the Almondy Inn for the first time over the New Years weekend. It was simply perfect! The innkeepers were so very welcoming and kind. The home is pristine! Our room was beautiful and had all the creature comforts we needed to have a wonderful stay. The breakfast was excellent every day! I would highly recommend a visit to the Almondy!

Farmington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Call right now and don't even think of going anywhere else! We stayed for three nights after Christmas and I can only say that it was the best place ever. Evelyn and Herbert were so gracious, the rooms were so clean and the breakfasts were gourmet! You are minutes away from shopping, water, and restaurants. You can not possibly ask for anything more!

I would leave any big SUV at home as parking is a premium in Newport. However, The Almondy Inn has ample parking for the average car. If I could give the inn 10 stars I would! Enjoy your stay! We certainly did! Bud and Nancy Usich

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The Almondy Inn was beautiful!!! The Inn keepers Evelyn and Herber were so friendly and accommodating. The room was beautiful and very clean. The breakfast that was served was a gourmet treat! The dining room has a view of the harbor and the music softly playing in the backround was perfection. The Inn was just down the street from everything. It was an easy walk to the restaurants and shops even in December.

If you're planning a getaway to Newport I highly reccomend the Almondy Inn!

• Stayed December 2012
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We choose the Almondy for a 3 night get away the weeknd before Christamas. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left , we were thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the Almondy. The location is perfect, within walking distance of the best restaurants, shops and sites. The facility is bright and cheery, all the rooms were extremely clean, and the furnishings.... lovely antiques from New England abound in every room. The hospitality was the best we have ever encountered at a B&B. Homemade rolls and breakfast were served each morning, wine and cheese in the afternoon, and enough good conversation to brighten each and every day. We can't imagining staying at any other place when visiting Newport . This inn is most highly recommended, the innkeepers understand how they make a stay special. They truely distinguish themselves from the rest .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Almondy Inn? Share your experiences!