“Great place to meet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #113 of 203 restaurants in Newport
Salem, MA
“Great place to meet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Can't comment about food since we did not order but the staff were hard working and courteous, giving service with a smile and "thank you". Prices were reasonable for Newport. The band was local and not very good in my opinion but the crowd of mostly locals we met were eager to introduce themselves, include you in their conversation and friendly to hang with. Lot's of good looking people, and there's another bar and a pool table in the back room! Will definately come back here for evening bevs next time in Newport.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
New Jersey
“The only place to go for great nightlife!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

The live music made for great atmosphere and tons of young good looking people made it even a better experience. Everyone was very friendly and the live music was great! Everyone was singing along with the classic hits! Overall...a great way to spend the evening. Beers were 4.50 and there was plenty of seating. Bathrooms were exceptionally clean which is rare for a bar. There was upstairs seating and pool table and the main bar downstairs is very roomy and uncluttered. Overall... a great nightlife place...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“Best Bar in Newport!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

I was here when I was in my early 20s and loved it back then. I spent the wkend in Newport a few wks ago with my boyfriend and we are both in our mid 30s and I still loved this place!! I was worried the crowd would be young but it actually had a great mix and there were a lot of people in their 30s and 40s. The staff at the bar is also great and very friendly! We saw 2 great cover bands there too. I highly recommend checking it out. Just a fun place.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Perfect prelude to Via Via pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

Perfect prelude to Via Via pizza

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Not one of my favorite places in town.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

Not one of my favorite places in town.