“Must Eat Here” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
“Must Eat Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The food, atmosphere and wait staff are all excellent! We had the Grilled Mahi Mahi w/spicy Asian plum sauce w/jasmine rice and spinach, Lobster and Soul w/jasmine rice and spinach, and Coconut Mahi Mahi w/stuffing, jasmine rice and spinach. Absolutely delicious! The Chocolate Flourless Torte was yummy too! Enjoy!

Boston, Massachusetts
“The original party spot of ri”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Been going here over fifteen years after wk or prior blues cafe shows. Great atmosphere ,food,bartenders,open windows in warm weather right in middle of Thames downtown hot spot.....also have best spot on nan tasked beach in hull,ma with live outdoor deck entertainment

Visited August 2014
Manchester, Connecticut
“Excellent food, and huge selection.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My wife and I went on a Saturday night while vacationing. We only had to wait 25 minutes which wasn't bad considering the time of the year, and how busy the street is. My wife thought it was too noisy, but I thought it was okay. The food selection is great. I couldn't decide between the shark steak, or mahi mahi with coconut sauce, so I ordered the shark bites appetizer, and mahi mahi for the main dish.

The bites came in their own little cute fry basket. They were very tender, and hot served with a side of cocktail sauce, and lemon. There is very little seasoning which was fine with me as I wanted to tasted the fish. It was very good, but this is an appetizer for two. I couldn't finish it.

The coconut mahi mahi had a wonderful spicy coconut sauce, and a thin layer of stuffing in the middle. It was delicious. My wife ordered the rasta pasta, which was my third choice so I basically got to try everything I wanted. Chicken, and shrimp in a spicy Alfredo sauce with peppers, and big chunks of sun dried tomatoes was delicious.

The waitress was good enough. I understand. It was a busy night, and we weren't neglected. On warm nights the windows are open which is nice, but when there are smokes on the street you'll smell it if you're near the windows.

I suggest parking way up on Memorial Drive, and walking three blocks to the place. The parking is free, and there's plenty of it. At least at night anyway. If I'm back in Newport I'll come here again to try the seafood alfredo.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Outstanding Waitress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Today we had lunch at the Red Parrot and were lucky enough to have Vanessa as our waitress. She was incredible! Her table-side manner and attention to detail was second to none. Everything was delivered with a huge smile. I'm looking forward to going back to the Red Parrot. Hopefully we're lucky enough to have Vanessa!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff! Salad, chowder and lobster Mac n cheese was delicious! Highly recommend! Great lunch by the open window overlooking the street too.