“Good place for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Massachusetts
“Good place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My family visited this place twice as it was across from our hotel so it was convenient. My son ordered lobster quesadilla and lobster ravioli and loved them. My husband ordered hamburger both times and he likewise said it was good. My first visit I ordered skinny girl pizza and couldn't eat it as it was was way too hot with too many hot chilies. I sent it back. They didn't charge me for it which was nice of them. The second visit I ordered tropical salad with chicken in a edible bowl. The salad was wonderful and didn't need the chicken (kind of fatty) or the bowl. I left both behind. Both times we sat onthe 2nd floor. The last time we had a window which was nice to see the sunset. The service as excellent and very accomodating.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Shawnee, Kansas
“Great Setting and Food, Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My family and I were in Newport on vacation (visiting Boston mostly) and recently visited the Red Parrot. We chose the place based on the rustic (yet renovated) look. The menu is comprehensive and service very good. Burgers were outstanding and my wife had a salad and chili that also were tasty. The old school look inside and out fits the town nicely but the building has been restored to the point where it felt slightly upscale. On our way out I asked if I could buy a pint glass (I collect them) and the bartender Mark winked and tossed me one. The icing on the cake for me. I loved this place!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went for a quick bite - lunch-ish - and it was fine. Just fine. Not sure with all of the other great options that I'd choose the Red Parrot if I had it to do all over again. BTW - we ordered calamari and soup - the service was slow (1:30 in the afternoon) and we got the wrong calamari....

Visited September 2012
New England
“Good, but Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Extensive menu and reasonable prices. Food was well prepared and came quickly. Quality was surprisingly good for such a large selection. Recommended.

Visited September 2012
Fairport, N.Y.
“Good food, nice view, pricey, tourist trap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a delicious lunch with friends here, in the midst of the Newport Boat Show. The show brought in a lot of other folks, so getting in here and getting seated quickly was a pleasant surprise. Good food, pleasant staff, beautiful view and decor. We'll go back, armed with the knowledge that we'll be paying strongly for the privilege, and not grudging it. Too much.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere