“A great place and very kid friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 207 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: At Brick Alley Pub we have it all: "pub style" comfort food to modern multicultural cuisine all served with genuine down-home hospitality. Like America itself, Brick Alley is one big melting pot of ethnicities, flavors, and fun. If you are looking for stiff, over the top formal service with small portions of over-priced food, we are not that place. After more than 30 years as one of Rhode Island's most popular restaurants with locals and tourists alike, the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant has earned landmark status. Located at 140 Thames Street across from the Brick Market Place in Downtown Newport the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant offers a warm and cozy fireplace in the winter and comfortably air-conditioned dining rooms in the summer. The Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant specializes in a blend of flavorful steaks, fresh local seafood, pastas, and seasonal specials. Begin your dinner with a selection from our cocktail menu or choose a wine from our extensive wine list. This wine list features over 250 different vintages and has received the Wine Spectator Award for Excellence. Open for lunch and dinner, Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant accepts reservations and offers an upstairs function room that can accommodate up to 170 people. The Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant has received favorable reviews from countless local and national publications including: The Providence Journal, Travel-Holiday, Ford Times, Rhode Island Monthly, and Newport Life Magazine. In addition, Jameson Irish Whiskey bestowed the restaurant with their "Best Irish Coffee Award" for three consecutive years and inducted the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant into their Hall of Fame. Brick Alley has also been featured on The Food Network and is a favorite of Boston's Phantom Gourmet.
“A great place and very kid friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stopped in for lunch while in Newport. Great atmosphere and great food! We had our 16 month old with us and she loved it! The staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend when you're in Newport!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Spot with Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We ate at Brick Alley Pub for Restaurant Week and really enjoyed the restaurant. The restaurant had a great atmosphere and was full even at 9:00pm. The food was delicious!

Visited April 2014
Harrisburg, PA
“Absolutely Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Before visiting New England states, I researched places to eat. I found lobster rolls was a regional item but was not quite sure what to expect. I saw Brick Alley Pub served lobster rolls. We walked in with no wait. Although I would've liked a front window seat, no tables were available so we were seated in the back. I asked the waitress if the lobster was served warm or cold (since the description was "Overstuffed Lobster Salad Roll", I assumed it would be shredded lobster mixed with mayonnaise and seasonings). She said it could be served cold or warm with drawn butter. She had me at "butter". My bf and I both ordered the lobster roll. He had iced tea which he said was very good and I had the blackberry sangria - that was really delish. I chose a side salad with my lobster roll. I think my salad should have been served to me the same time my bf got his soup - but it was still ok. Our lobster rolls arrived. OMG, nothing but chunks of tender sweet lobster served on a roll! So much lobster I really couldn't see the roll. My bf and I both thought our meals were awesome. It will be an unforgettable meal! BTW - later in our trip I had a lobster roll in an upscale restaurant in Mystic - Brick Alley Pub was sooooo much better!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crofton, Maryland
“Cool Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Went for lunch on a long weekend visit to Newport with my wife. Place was busy but our waitress was very attentive and friendly. The beers were nice and cold and the food was really good. Had the lobster Reuben and my wife had the Lobstacado sandwich. Both were loaded with lobster and hit the spot! Wish I had more time to come back and try one of the nachos.

Visited April 2014
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“If you want a good meal in an authenic pub stop here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Tasty fast friendly service with a comfortable seating. The atmosphere was pure pub full of fun interesting décor to view while awaiting your meal. Try the sweet potato fries!!

• Visited April 2014