“Beautful B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 100 Newport B&B and Inns
Kendall Park, New Jersey
“Beautful B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

If you want to be pamered but not smothered,this is the place.We arrived early but were told to come right in, Our room was warm.beautifully kept and beautiful. Inn keeper was helpful,there when needed but did not hoover. Breakfasts were wonderful

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
beechtreeinn73, Daughter at Beech Tree Inn and Cottage, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad to know there are other independent folks out there who like quiet service without the hub-bub.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

My husband and I stayed Christmas weekend, 2010. We stayed in the room with the king size bed, fireplace, jacuzzi. The room was spacious and spotless and very very comfortable. I have never stayed at an inn so I wasn't sure what to expect. I sure was pleasantly surprised. I am glad my first experience was at the Beechtree. We plan on visiting again and hope you do too!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Wow, thanks for the great review and look forward to seeing you back another time. We feel incredibly lucky to have the best guests ever.
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

You can not go wrong with staying here. Called to let them know we would be arriving late and the keys were by the front door.The room we had was clean with a king bed that was comfortable. The innkeeper makes everyone welcome. You will feel very at home. His breakfast is a pretty good selection that will not disappiont your appetite. Plus the friendly atmosphere in talking with your fellow guests. You can walk to the center of town but it is easier to drive since there is plenty of parking. Anyway try it you'll like it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the wonderful words about the Beech Tree Inn. We try to be welcoming and friendly while providing the right balance of service and amenities. People are always telling us how clean the Inn is - I'm glad folks notice.
Bristol, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

We were at the Beech Tree Inn the first weekend of October. We had previously visited 5 years ago and loved this B&B. Our second trip was no different. We stayed in the large suite on the first floor on both our visits. Our room had a large bed, fireplace, ample room to spread out, 2 person jetted tub, 2 person shower. Very quiet, even though the Inn seemed full this past weekend. Love their breakfast. The French Toast is to die for. Inn keepers are very knowledgeable and offer great advice of where to go, what to do. Ample off street parking in a nice quiet area. I think their prices were fantastic for the area. I am sure there are places more posh and offer more amenities in the area. But we love this place and will continue to make repeat visits during our time in Newport. No complaints whatsoever on either of our stays at the Beech Tree Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
We sure do appreciate your return trip to the Beech Tree! We have alot of repeat guests....and some folks come every year. It's great fun and Newport has so many things to do, it takes numerous visits to see everything. Thanks for the kind words and we'll see you next time.
New Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

Although more affordable than some of the other B&Bs in the area, the Beech Tree Inn lacked several of the finer touches we've experienced in other B&Bs.
- Now we're foodie types, so breakfast certainly left something to be desired. The "amazing" french toast was simply thick bread...
- The room was simply decorated, and bordered on sparse. It didn't have a hotel feel by any means, but it lacked the character and thought that we've seen put into other B&B decorating schemes.
- The staff thought it best to conserve energy by turning off our (not so quiet) window air conditioner during the day. Of course, this means we came back from a long day in town to a hot room.
- On the plus side, the staff was certianly knowledgeable of the area and local attractions, although be advised that their concerns about walking footwear may be a little unfounded.

Overall, we had a good time in Newport, but when returning we'll probably seek out someplace else to stay,

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Sounds like we weren't a perfect fit for you. Thanks for giving us a try and we appreciate your feedback.

(And as an aside, over the years we've tried offering fancier more gourmet breakfast items. Folks always seemed to stick with the home-cooked, old standbys so we returned to breakfast basics.)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

We got a room at the very last minute and it was lovely (the one shown here with pink walls and canopy.) The inn keeper was a doll, the breakfast was delicious (try the awesome french toast), and the room was incredibly clean as was the rest of the inn. This is not an overly cluttered or precious place. Simple, tasteful decor in a well-kept, charming house. Quiet street, not in the center of things but close enough. Great deal for the $$, and a place I would most definitely stay in again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the lovely review. You described the Beech Tree Inn exactly the way I see it - simple, clean, comfortable, quiet, good value. I worry that we don't have more "stuff" in the rooms (my Grandma called it "dust collectors" so that must have affected my thinking!), but somehow the simplicity and lack of clutter allows people to feel more free. And it's great that so many people notice how clean everything is!
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

I wanted to write a post because I don’t typically stay at Bed and Breakfasts. I tend to be on the “germophobic” side, and usually prefer hotels to Inn’s. My husband surprised me with a weekend away, and booked us a room at the Beech Tree Inn because it was one of the only places we could bring our dogs.

Much to my surprise, I absolutely LOVED the Beech Tree Inn. It was so clean, so charming, quaint and comfortable. The rooms were perfect – we even had our own private balcony, and they were accommodating to our requests. I was a little concerned that due to close quarters you would be able to hear everyone in the hallways, stairwell, etc – but it is absolute the opposite. On top of the fact that the gentlemen who run the Inn could not have been any nicer. My husband and I were joking that we want to have that kind of service at home!

It was about a 10-15 minute walk to downtown, but it was a perfect distance for a lengthy morning stroll. I would absolutely recommend this Inn to anyone traveling to Newport.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
We're so glad you LOVED the Beech Tree Inn...and sounds like you have a wonderful husband who really knows how to create a perfect surprise! I'm a bit of a "germaphobe" too so am very pleased that we met to your satisfaction. However, I've always had the opposite perception and thought hotels were the dirty places?! Thanks for staying with us and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Been to Beech Tree Inn and Cottage? Share your experiences!